BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here glad to join the site.

Ive been bowfishing for about 20 years. Shot some neat fish over that time including many 55 plus lb grassies on public water. This weekend I shot a solid black gar and I was contemplating mounting if it indeed was rare. Its the first one I have ever saw in person. Thanks a lot!

Jimmy

Attachments

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Nice I've killed a couple black long nose very rarely see them.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome to the site. Awesome fish. As for being rare I'm not sure. I live way to far away to know such things but if that is your first one in 20 years that sounds pretty rare to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean it is rare for me, certainly. I just don't want to spend a decent chunk of money mounting this fish if its not what I think it is.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
If you like it and are proud of it mount it that's my thoughts. And by the way welcome to the site.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
super fish!!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
couldn't have said it better
A trophy is a trophy in the eyes of the beholder. Do what pleases you and don't worry about the rest of us.

·
Banned
4,584 Posts
They are odd, there's a stretch of river by me that almost exclusively has black ones I guess it's the sketchy part of the river

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Sweet fish! I've only shot a small black shortnose so far, would love to get a longnose like that!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Shot one yesterday, first one I've seen. Actually saw a few more on the same bank but couldn't connect. I'd say pretty rare.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its been taken to one heck of a taxidermist. Will be a year or so lead time but when its complete Ill drop some pics on here. Im pretty certain the stretch of water I shot this one on we saw a couple more that weekend. Without sinking some fiberglass in them you cant ever be certain though.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I didn't know Spook Span bowfished?? :laugh:

Welcome brudda-that's a cool gar!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts