BowFishing Country banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as much as I didn't want another project right now... I couldn't resist a good deal. Just scored this 1856 sea nymph.

It will be called

Piece of Carp

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not 100% sure yet. Likely build a deck with 6-400w HPS's when I get some time. Not really in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Looks like a sweet project start, for sure!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
lots of space! im guessing you are ripping out that wood frame? maybe gas tank centered in boat for better draft when you have shooters in the front?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lots of space! im guessing you are ripping out that wood frame? maybe gas tank centered in boat for better draft when you have shooters in the front?
yeah, planning on ripping the wood out and replacing it with aluminum. Haven't decided about the gas tank yet.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If you go with a center counsel boat, that tank can go right in front and be enclosed to make a seat. Figure that looks to be about a 15gal tank. 1gal is 6lbs. 15x6=90 extra pounds on the bow. Then add your deck and shooters. that 90 lbs can be 1" less draft

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Shoot yea! You leaving inboard in it?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
You know if you put a radiator with some electric fans you could have the fastest kicker around. Without worrying bout picking trash up from the water.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha. I am leaving the inboard in... until I blow it up. Then I will rebuild the transom and add something new.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Was out of town for a couple days, got back after it today. Finally started to use the new miller 211 with spool gun. I am impressed by the setup, I am sure after a few more rolls of wire my welds will look great. Unfortunately that will probably be right when the project is over and I will be will be stuck looking at medicare welds for the rest of the time I own this boat. Oh well!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts