BowFishing Country banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would appreciate some opinions/thoughts concerning using a headlamp or a bow light when wading along a shoreline at night to bowfish.

I'm thinking that a headlamp would be better as light would be cast where I'm looking, not where I'm pointing my bow.

Thanks ~

Texas Jack

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
The bowlight from outrigger is incredible! plus you can change the color of the light from warm to cold white. pretty sweet little tool

·
Registered
2 Posts
The bow light would be a good one because you can have benefits for the light outrigger. In addition, it would be more convenient.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bow light seems to be favored over a headlamp. I've decided to acquire a bow light, but will use both when walking and wading along a shoreline at night.

A bow light will focus illumination on the target as you draw and aim your bow; and by swinging the bow back and forth, the attached light may be used to search and scan for targets.

It's more comfortable (for me) to sneak along the shoreline searching and scanning using a headlamp while holding my bow arm at my side or at "half-mast" with my draw hand on the string. With a bow light, when a target is sighted, a flick of a bow arm finger will turn the bow light on as you focus on making a shot .

Safety is another consideration that influenced the decision to use both lights. Most of the rivers and creeks that I prowl at night while bowfishing are remote with shorelines populated with venomous snakes. The headlamp facilitates "watching my step" as it automatically illuminates where I'm looking without having to reposition my bow from its carrying position.

Happy New Year to you all!

Texas Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts