BowFishing Country banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. So I've shot a Parker youth bow, a wave and got a black eagle this past year. The BE is a sweet bow. Looks cool and feels cool. Problem is that I don't shoot it well. It just doesn't fit me it seems. I'm thinking of selling it and replacing it with another compound. I'm 6'1" with monkey arms. What is y'all's opinion on the best bow other than lever bows?

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Trade ya a brand new mission Craze for the BE.....:D got a Green tiger stripe and Orange tiger stripe neither one ever been shot or set up

·
Registered
462 Posts
Is it in tune? Any videos of you shooting it we can see? Maybe it's something simple you just can't see from behind the bow.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Got the be tuned good? Shooting bullet holes in the water? Timing and everything set right?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I love my Cajun Sucker Punch.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I'll catch crap but I shoot bottles and they typically don't shoot bullet holes. So I'm not sure.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think you touched on the important info. To paraphrase "It LOOKS cool, and FEELS cool, but doesn't FIT". Last part of course being the most important. The "best" bow on the planet may or may not fit you and shoot well for you. If it doesnt feel right and you dont have the time/money/availability of chaning draw length/mods to where it does it may just not be the right bow for you.

Which one is best for you? Hard to say. There are tons of great bows out there, but which one fits and feels best for you is going to be hard for us to say.

Since you are a bigger guy a bow that has a longer axle to axle will help with finger pinch. They tend to be a bit more stable as well so you may find you are more accurate with them. Ive got a longer draw and like the way the erad feels. I had a fire eagle/swamp it before that and it felt pretty good but not quite as nice.

Best bet is to find a bow store/stores and draw as many as you can and see what feels good.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I know I'll catch crap but I shoot bottles and they typically don't shoot bullet holes. So I'm not sure.
Do you see the arrow planning one direction often? Gonna be tough to shoot consistent and feel comfortable with an untuned bow

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Suckerpunch is a good bow and easily adjusted so is the Gen X Genesis, like a fish hawk with a lot of adjustment and let off and a hundred bucks cheaper.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I'm not sure on the tune. Thought about sending it to joe or skippy to go through everything. I'm just worried when I got it back i would still suck with it. It's a Be Lf if that helps. Shooting tourney pro, snapshot rest, around 40lbs and 1 over 2 under. As far as planning off, yes rarely. I don't know if it's the issue or me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts