BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got any tricks to breaking down a compound with out takin it to a shop or somebody with a press. I wanna break mine down to paint it before the fish really start movin here.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I made a homeade press out of wood and a ratchet strap. I took a 2x8 flat on the ground and spaced two 2x6s straight up about 8 iinches tall for the limbs to wrest on and then take ur strap and run it around the 2 x 8 and the bows riser and start ratcheting till the limbs get loose and the string comes off

·
Registered
3,910 Posts

Bowmaster Portable Bow Press
If you have a split limb bow there are attatchments that go over the ends of your limbs and the press goes onto them...

bowpress.gif

·
Registered
1,982 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Asking for trouble with the ratchet strap in my opinion. Get yourself a bowmaster as posted above. There's one in our boat at all times.. Handy little tool. Works great in a pinch.. Used it on countless occaisions.

·
Registered
130 Posts
what kind of bow and what poundage?

·
Registered
328 Posts
most, MOST, modern bows have long enough limb screws that you can turn them down far enough to take the string and cables off without a press. I have 2 bows out of 9 that I can not do that on. Of the 2 I can't, 1 is a PSE, the other is an old Proline. BUT, I do have a press that I use in my archery room, and a cable press I take on hunting trips.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Well I recently encountered this problem!! I stuck the hooks of the ratchet strap thru the cams and turned them enough to get my string back on... I'm sure this isn't a great way to do it.. But oh well.. Do what ya gotta do!!

If you're changing a string out draw the bow and have someone just stick a short dowel rod in the cams end ease it down.. Then when you're fished.. Just draw the bow and cant it sideways!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ratchet strap through the end of the limb with a 1 1/2 in stainless spacer to keep them from pulling through.

just thought this was kinda funny when i was looking around on the internet for bow presses... same idea really but its like 90 bucks... called Ratchet-Loc Bow Press.

press.jpg

·
Registered
499 Posts
I always keep a ratchet strap on the boat for emergencies. Obviously, it's a far cry from a bench top press, but it can save a trip when used carefully. The ratchet strap will even work on a split limb bow with the Bowmaster Split Limb adapter brackets. Compressing the limbs are no problem- it's the let-down process that can get you in trouble. But, if you take your time, it works great.

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
I feel for you guys having to carry a bowpress on the boat. :p

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wanting to add a bowmaster press to my tool box for the boat. Needed it twIce and hadn't had one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts