BowFishing Country banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to get my son a bow. He is 14 with about a 24 inch draw. I went to Bass Pro but the girl working there just wasn't much help. I'm trying to decide between a recurve or compound and would like something that he can grow into and me not have to buy another bow anytime soon. Where should I shop? Is there a bowfishing store around? I live on the Eastern shore of Daphne Alabama. I mainly flounder gig out of my boat but could bowfish. I actually want him to be able to shoot fish when we flounder. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Bowfishing Extreme can fix you up. Cajun Sucker Punch with a Muzzy Spinner, BE reel seat, and a TJE shoot through rod would be my pick for a growing boy.........Or an Osprey short if you REALLY love the kid. :tu:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
You can't go wrong with a recurve with a retriever for someone just starting out, I'm shooting a compound now but used to shoot a recurve and still shoot every once in a while

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mission menace dressed out with rpm equipment and never look back

·
Registered
877 Posts
Mission archery for sure. I bought the mission menace two years ago for my 14 year old, about once a year I had to lengthen the draw and up the poundage. Easy to do, took less than 5 minutes each time.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Depends what you want to spend. If you want to be able to get some of your money back at a later date I'd seriously consider the Oneida Osprey. Good resale value if you decide to get rid of it. I wouldn't buy new though, there like 800.00 but that's your call. You can get a used one for 300.00 less, maybe more. They're easily tailored to the individual also. I'd also go with the bottle till he knows what he's doing. Those can be had used also.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I picked up a Diamond Edge used for my 13 yr old. Three years later it just hung in the gun closet and never got used. It is now rigged on the boat and was my primary bowfishing rig (I'm a 29 1/2" draw) until last year when I got an Oneida. It is still my back up bow. It has a lot of adjustment in draw and weight and can be changed out in about 5 mins.

·
Registered
746 Posts
My 8yr old has a Craze. My 5 yr old shoots a Bear Cruzer Lite. Both super nice bows that will grow with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts