BowFishing Country banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the moment, i have a 1990 bear whitetail legend compound bow its weight range is 50-70# i believe. this thing is heavy for an all night trip. i want a different bow, one that is lighter and shorter. but i could deal with the length if i had a recurve. the thing is, i dont know anything about bowfishing bows other than the reels and such. also, i dont have much money. what should i be looking for? the pse kingfisher looks like it wouldnt be very long but i have read that they are heavy too... any advice?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have fished with a kingfisher for a long time they are pretty long but they shoot real nice. The arent too heavy but they arent too light you can def fish with one all night I have done it many times in the past. They are really cheap too

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have fished with a kingfisher for a long time they are pretty long but they shoot real nice. The arent too heavy but they arent too light you can def fish with one all night I have done it many times in the past. They are really cheap too
yea, i was thinkin about them because they are cheap..

when you store a kingfisher, is there anything special you have to do to it to preserve the limbs?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I would save my money untill i could get a cuda or oneida if i were you, the king fishers are good bows just long and a little heavy. you will shoot it awhile and want to upgrade again.

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
Little Killer and I both shoot Discoverys and really like them. You should be able to find one under $200 which is a sweet deal for how good the bow is for fishing!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Little Killer and I both shoot Discoverys and really like them. You should be able to find one under $200 which is a sweet deal for how good the bow is for fishing!
I'm with OBG on this one. We have 5 of the Discoveries on our boat and everyone can shoot fish with them no matter how young or old you are.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts