BowFishing Country banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Those are some nice ones! I have to start carrying a cooler in my boat this year now that we can shoot cats. I am stoked, but my boat is already pretty loaded down, so I have one more thing to make room for! We saw a few real nice ones towards the end of last summer. I hope it doesn't take that long to get on the big ones this year.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I was hoping to get some pictures of the boat in the water this past weekend!! WTH get her done and get out there. I should be out this weekend, the talapia are on their beds here so it should be easy pickings.

I had some setback with the motor but the hull is done. Hopefully be out there soon to help resist the cat invasion.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I live on Buggs Island Lake. We are going fishing stingrays on June 1st on a guided trip. Hope to "see the ropes" so to speak and maybe take my boat back down there next time. Cant wait to shoot the rays.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Good eat'n there.

I put a new water pump in and when I was installing the lower unit I noticed how easy it went on. When I turned the flywheel the prop shaft didint turn. Turned out to be a broken pinion gear. Found a new motor the same year and model but couldnt get the carrier out. After a lot of cussin I took it to the shop. So now working on the E-drive. It's getting closer by the day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I live on Buggs Island Lake. We are going fishing stingrays on June 1st on a guided trip. Hope to "see the ropes" so to speak and maybe take my boat back down there next time. Cant wait to shoot the rays.
Good luck on your trip for the rays. I hope you get a bunch. What do you shoot on bugg Island lake, and do you run into many bowfishers up there?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here she is....without the lights which just sit on the rails below the deck. Let me know if you have anymore questions. The deck setup only ran about $800. The genny sits over the outboard on the aluminum stand.

WP_20130406_004.jpg

WP_20130406_005.jpg

WP_20130406_008.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here she is....without the lights which just sit on the rails below the deck. Let me know if you have anymore questions. The deck setup only ran about $800. The genny sits over the outboard on the aluminum stand.

View attachment 30502

View attachment 30503

View attachment 30504
Thank you for taking the time to post the pics. Your rig looks great and exceeds my expectations of what I thought could be done with a 1648. The first real bow fishing boat I've seen in our area, and is a really neat set up. I do have a few questions. Did someone locally make the genny stand and deck? How do you attach the genny to the stand, and attach the lights to the boat, so you can remove them like that? What is the box on the boat deck with the wires going to it? Is the green box in front of the consol for storage?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to post the pics. Your rig looks great and exceeds my expectations of what I thought could be done with a 1648. The first real bow fishing boat I've seen in our area, and is a really neat set up. I do have a few questions. Did someone locally make the genny stand and deck? How do you attach the genny to the stand, and attach the lights to the boat, so you can remove them like that? What is the box on the boat deck with the wires going to it? Is the green box in front of the consol for storage?
Thanks! Yea I found a guy that does freelance welding, I told him what I was looking to do and he did a great job. The genny sits on the aluminum stand supported with 2 ratchet straps. For the lights, I drilled holes on the rail and ran a bolt through each one(made sure to seal each one); slide the light on the bolt and cap it with a wing nut. I think you can get the ones that clamp on instead. The black box you see is a for the trolling motor battery, I just had it sitting up there while I was cleaning out the boat. And yes the green box is for storage.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The shaft is 52" and it's long enough..just have to hunch over some. I bought that trolling motor when I originally only wanted a 6" raised platform. I would of gotten the next size up had I known.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Riverocket and Greenhead question for you good to be back on here I am currently about 12000 miles away however been doing a little spear fishing to feed my addiction I am currently forward deployed but am coming home July 1 for 20 days to for the birth of my daughter. In that time my parents are coming down to VA and I am really looking to take my dad bowfishing for stingrays. is there anyone willing to take my old man and I out on the water to shoot some rays or what ever is legal and if so I would be willing to pay. I have been super busy but see that this post has generated some good info thank you cant wait to get home and get back to the Bow fishing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Riverocket that would be awesome couple of questions i am gone on the 20th back to the middle east so i have about a 5 day window based on your schedule. when would be the best time day or night. is the season still pretty good as far as numbers. how much do you want or would you like to take my pops and i out. and where would you want to go. I do not have a boat just to be clear we just have our bows. thank you for the timely response as i am trying to coordinate this from overseas and be able to surprise my dad. I cant think of a better time home though short and new little girl, and few rides on the Bike and Bowfishing i am so pumped.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Also i get back for about 6 months in late august so if anyone wants a bowfishing buddy i am always willing to go. Funny when i was back home with my dad i was always the one looking to take people out now i am looking to go with.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts