BowFishing Country banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a brand new riptide and got it today. I got it all put on and it doesn't work. I tried forward and reverse and it doesn't move at all. Its a 70lb 24v model. The batteries are wired right and when I hit the battery test button I get 3 LED's indicating the battery charge is good. What am I missing?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I had a similar situation last year. You probably aren't missing anything.....just a bad motor. I started digging a little, and it turns out that there are quite a few reman trollers being sold as new.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Have you tested the plug end to make sure power is getting to the lead wire/pigtail on the troller?

This will rule out faulty wiring to the plug end. Also could be a blown fuse or tripped breaker, if you have one inline between the batteries and plug.

·
Registered
599 Posts
If you haven't even started using it yet, I would package it up and send it back. No reason to dink with it, less you want them to start pointing the finger at you. I'm sure you will get an opportunity to dink with the next one, but hopefully you can shoot with it a few nights before its broken.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Called Minn Kota and they told me it's definitely bad if the LEDs are lighting up showing a good battery charge. They recommended I take it to an area service center to get worked on. It won't cost me that way. If I return it I have to pay for shipping.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish that was the case. Since I didn't buy it directly from them I don't think that was an option. I'll give them another call tomorrow and see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts