BowFishing Country banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just got a new boat and I'm looking for suggestions. Seeing as how I'm going to run 2 yamaha 2000 watt generators and putting them on the back of the boat thinking about putting pods on it. Anyone used back water inc pods or should I spend the little extra and get beaver tails or does anyone have and dementions so I can. Hold my own? Also I saw a boat the other night running the front LEDs under the deck and the rear ones above the deck what are your thoughts. Planning on putting 2 300 watt LEDs up front and use my 50 watts from my old boat on the sides. Thanks for anyone's suggestions

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I would get everything set in the boat and run it before adding pods moving weight around makes a huge difference. Plus those boats sit good in the water anyways

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea was going to see how it set in the water. Just planning ahead there will be 2 of us on the boat all the time who are 260 plus and occasionally a guy who is about 350 so I'm pretty sure I'm going to need them. But I'll float it first.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Yea was going to see how it set in the water. Just planning ahead there will be 2 of us on the boat all the time who are 260 plus and occasionally a guy who is about 350 so I'm pretty sure I'm going to need them. But I'll float it first.
You'll have 2-3 rather large shooters up front-you won't need pods, trust me. Having 2 Yammys in back amounts to...pretty much nothing in the big picture.

I've seen guys curse pods because they make the rear end float too high, which in turn made the nose dive when all men were on deck. Food for thought.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks carp. Just had to cut the keel guard off to fix a crack in the pinch weld of the keel. Damn if it isn't nicer to weld that with a tig that was sweet. Then I cut a piece of 2 inch schedule 40 pipe in half and tigged it in for a new keel guard

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
You'll have 2-3 rather large shooters up front-you won't need pods, trust me. Having 2 Yammys in back amounts to...pretty much nothing in the big picture.

I've seen guys curse pods because they make the rear end float too high, which in turn made the nose dive when all men were on deck. Food for thought.
Anyone ever see pods with a screw in drain plug hole in them???? Then could put plug in out of the water to hold air and float or leave plug out and would basically flood and be neutral bouyant in the back ???? Just a thought

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Anyone ever see pods with a screw in drain plug hole in them???? Then could put plug in out of the water to hold air and float or leave plug out and would basically flood and be neutral bouyant in the back ???? Just a thought
That's actually a killer idea my friend-use em as ballasts. It would get to be a pain in the arse doing it every trip, but that would be neat to see em work.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Diggin that keel cover!

That should be standard on every front heavy bowfishing rig IMO.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
What is a good sealer I can put on the keel just to mAke sure I have the leak all the way sealed
A good Aluminum weld, any silicone,flex seal,JB weld, 3M 5200 or stuff like that will just make it harder to weld and have to clean off to weld it and fix it right...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts