BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Aimlow
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...you want to be part of Cajun Archery's 2012 Prostaff? Read on for more details...

In case you don't know, my name is Robin Parks and I am the prostaff coordinator for Cajun Archery. Cajun Archery is known as a leader in bowfishing equipment and, I feel, among the best in the business for taking care of our prostaff. These are the reasons why our staff positions are in such demand.

All applications/resumes and all associated material must be emailed to me at [email protected]. For those that still prefer snail mail, email me for my physical mailing addy. Applications will be accepted only during the period December 1 thru December 23, 2011. Any applications received before December 1 or after December 23 will not be considered. The 2012 Staff will be anounced NLT 5 January, 2012.

Some info on our staff program:
- Staff are selected based on many criteria. You do NOT have to be a tournament bowfisher, or a tournament winner to qualify. We are looking for folks that present themselves in a positive manner, are able to communicate effectively, are experienced bowfishers, and actively promote the sport.
- Our staff positions vary based on qualifications. I do not have a cookie cutter offer sheet. In other words, I cannot make a blanket statement as to what each staff member will receive if choosen.
- The staff will include a youth staff for bowfishers under 17 and under.

Some helpful info for applying:
- The application period is found above.
- I will not accept applications or questions about the staff program via PM on this forum, Facebook, or any other forum.
- I will not accept applications or questions about the staff program via PM on this forum, Facebook, or any other forum. (this appears twice on purpose!)
- Our staff selection is a competive process. This means that any 2011 staff members that want to return must re-apply.
- What do I want to see for an application? That is up to each applicant. The typical application includes a cover letter, an outdoors geared resume', and any other material you feel I should see (such as pix). As I said before...the staff selection process is competitive which means the process is much like a job application process.
- You may apply as a team if you desire, though I recommend individual applications.
- I WILL get your email, I promise! I check my spam folder daily, so your email will not slip through. I simply cannot respond to every email just to verify receipt.
- How do you know if you are selected or not? For each person selected, I email a offer sheet and contract for signature. Once you accept, you are part of the staff. Unfortunately, it is not possible to email each unsuccessful applicant.

Hopefully I have included enough info here to cover at least most questions that will come up.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Wow, How do I apply?!?!?
:p:p

·
Administrator
8,591 Posts
Good luck to all the applicants :tu:

I

·
0 Posts
Mine will be sent in as soon as the time period begins, Cajun is an awesome company to represent!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Thanks Robin!! It was a great ride this last season representing Cajun... Hope to do it again next year!!!! I'll get the paperwork in when the time is right!!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Thank Robin, well I'm siting in the lazy boy with a heating pad on my back so since time presented its self I typed it up and E-mailed it over, LOL
Great company and wonderful people to work with!!! Hope I have the privilege to do it again in 2012!!!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Thank Robin, well I'm siting in the lazy boy with a heating pad on my back so since time presented its self I typed it up and E-mailed it over, LOL
Great company and wonderful people to work with!!! Hope I have the privilege to do it again in 2012!!!
Guess I should turn the heating pad down, must be cooking my brain! LOL My bad!

·
Aimlow
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow.. I was going to make a smart ass remark on sending you a pm for application.. But it looses its effect when people are still actually doing that after a pretty damn specific post!
All kidding aside...no matter how specific I am in these announcements, people don't read completely and I still get pm's and emails outside of the dates. The reason I won't accept pm's and/or emails early (or late) is because that is the only way I can promise everyone that their apps are received and considered. The sheer number of questions and apps I get make it impossible to keep up with if I take pm's here and there and emails willy nilly (especially this time of year when I am likely gone hunting most days between Halloween and Thanksgiving). PM's on several boards are just too hard to keep up with. I do not want to be at fault for missing anyone's app.

So far, I have deleted 3 email apps and 2 pm's. I hope folks understand why I have to be "strict" with this. Those folks whose emails/pm's have been deleted are certainly welcome to apply again in the right format and timeframe. The reason for the early announcement is because the questions of when and how to apply for next year have been coming in for a month now already. This gives folks time to prepare a good application.

Thanks everyone,
Robin

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Wow.. I was going to make a smart ass remark on sending you a pm for application.. But it looses its effect when people are still actually doing that after a pretty damn specific post!
Robin knows I'm a stink-stirrer for him and probably expected such a public posting from me before I even hit the button to make the post. Robin and I have spoken in the past about the shear number of applicants that he has to process and the utter ridiculous nature of some of the questions that he receives! I am glad I don't have to review all of the applicants! With that being said, Good Luck to all 2012 applicants! Cajun has been a PLEASURE to work with and for!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Robin knows I'm a stink-stirrer for him and probably expected such a public posting from me before I even hit the button to make the post. Robin and I have spoken in the past about the shear number of applicants that he has to process and the utter ridiculous nature of some of the questions that he receives! I am glad I don't have to review all of the applicants! With that being said, Good Luck to all 2012 applicants! Cajun has been a PLEASURE to work with and for!
Hilljackoffer, I wasn't refering to you.. I was in awe of the second sentence in Robin's #4 post..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Hilljackoffer, I wasn't refering to you.. I was in awe of the second sentence in Robin's #4 post..
I know. No offense taken. No matter how specific he makes it, Robin always ends up in awe too!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
i dont get it, can i send it now? ill just pm you.:groan:

·
Aimlow
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A bump and reminder that the app period begins later this week. Also, anyone please feel free to copy and distribute this info anywhere you feel applicable.

·
Administrator
8,591 Posts
Did he say "willy nilly" I haven't heard that term since my 80 year old grandpa passed away(god rest his soul) You're starting to show your age robin :laugh:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts