BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to build a tower for my cameraman does any one have any pic or suggestions on how to make one. :pop:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im working on designs but i need some pics to help me a little
i got a couple ideas but nothin is stone

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Talk to Dan at the Bowfisher Magazine.He has a really nice camera platform and may be able to help you.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I had a 4ft deck on my boat for videoing and holding my side lights, but added an extension to it when we started doing the Campbells events and made it about 3ft higher and works out very well and allows the cameraman to get over the front of the shooters and see the fish at the front of the boat, also gave me something to mount my deck lights on to light up the inside of the boat for filming as well, has worked out very nicely for us and we are getting some awesome video.
I also added a seat mount to both decsk and use a nice sit down chair up there for the cameraman so he can sit down the whole time plus I have my mount and arm for the Viper Tree arm up there to attach the camera to to get some great steady shots.

Attachments

·
Aimlow
983 Posts
I'm interested in following this thread as well. You might try and PM "AimLowRobin". I caught a glimps of their video perch in their newest video teaser that he recently posted. Here is the link.

http://bow.fishingcountry.com/forums/showthread.php?138-A-little-video-to-warm-you-up...
He did pm. I posted the best pic I have right now in the Aim Low Productions section. I didn't see this thread till just now or I would have just posted it here from the get go.

robin close 2.jpg

I

·
0 Posts
my camera woman just stands in the middle seat in my airboat. One day I may add something to my cage for standing on just to get a little more height.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
those are some perches yall got ,as for the ladder i got a guy with a 10000 dollar camera coming and he needs to be very comfortable.what i was thinking about was a rollbar type like on a ski boat.one reason is i have a side console boat and i have no way to mount it in the bottom.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Here's what we use - the video tower attaches to the front platform and is easily removable. We padded it with a "noodle" and duct tape & the railing is at a comfortable height for almost any person - I'm 5'3 and my husband is 6'2". Having the video platform on our front platform gives us the cabability of getting footage of shots that are right below the shooter as well as longer distance shots. It works great as well for spotting fish while shooting during the day.

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Here is a pic of mine...Its pretty high but it helps to film down overtop of the shooters. I went with this design so that it didn't eat up any of my boats floor space. The camera guy can sit the whole time and be comfortable and I also have a camera arm that will clamp up there and when we run that witha lanc controller to the camera it makes things alot easier for the camera man.

·
Banned
29 Posts
Here is The Bowfisher Stands last year...we have since added a rear rack and all LED lighting...but it gives you an idea about the camera stand. IMG_22541.jpg IMG_2494.jpg IMG_2181a.jpg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts