BowFishing Country banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With water temps in the upper 40's I was seeing a good number of carp and dog fish. Now that we are in the low 40's I am seeing next to nothing. Do you guys know if they head deep or what?
ALSO:
How far after ice out does the shooting get good again? What water temps seems to be "that" temp?
Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
In Michigan the carp and dog fish start turning on in the high 40's. It's been my experience that it's good until it freezes. I was out last night and water temp was 41. Lots of big fish and pods of fish. Did not see any dogs though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Michigan the carp and dog fish start turning on in the high 40's. It's been my experience that it's good until it freezes. I was out last night and water temp was 41. Lots of big fish and pods of fish. Did not see any dogs though.
Thanks, are you on a lake or river? not sure if that makes a difference, but trying to put the pieces together.
Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Every water body is different. But have done well on carp right up to ice up and right after the ice off like literally breaking skim ice in some spots. But some water bodies are better than others for the cold season, havnt found a pattern on why which ones are better or worse just kind of learned which ones keep producing fish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts