BowFishing Country banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Im new to this forum, but im looking for tips, tricks and friends for bowfishing. I cant seem to get any of my friends into it as much as me. I am addicted. I currently live in Copperas Cove. I am a disabled vet going to school full time, so i just walk the lampasas river. I do decently well. Hell, last week i shot through 2 fish with 1 arrow. I usually leave with 2-4 fish just walking the banks.

But like I said im looking for friends, tips and tricks.

my current set up is an Oneida Osprey with an AMS, but im getting a muzzy soon ( i think). I walk in full camo with leg waiders. Got polarized sun glasses. I have some custom tips from a nearby shop that absolutely destroy over the standard AMS tips.

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I dont know the waters down there but it sound slike you got the tips and tricks down. Camo, polarized glasses, wadders... Just make sure to stay quiet and watch where ya step. Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. It's good to know im doing something correctly. I did a ton of research, youtube, and local archery shops. But I feel like I lack the guided hand of someone who has been shooting for awhile and to them its just common sense or even instinct.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Practice practice practice... The more you shoot the better of a shot youll be. The more fish you come across the more things you learn

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you get out with a boat your numbers will probably go way up. Except for during the spawn, which depending on the location can be shot fine from the bank or wading. After you start shooting a bunch the question that must be answered is "where can I toss them". That would be my tip, figure that out now by asking around.

By all means post a pic or PM a pic of that tip. I generally don't shoot stock tips anymore, either. What kind of fish are you killing with it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts