BowFishing Country banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see boondock has a new item called a "click-stick". Thought it was an interesting concept. Anyone run one? Screenshot_20160531-023700.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I dont get it? Are you supposed to push on the top of the stick in order to get better mechanical advantage? Seems to me that using the stick would be move the throw of the button further away from the user and is counter productive to what most people want.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have one love it....it clicks the button for you when you release it. When you shoot you just pull it back and reel. As soon as you release the click stick the reel is free spool and you are ready to shoot again.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
so its a manual way to make a spinner a retriever

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes in a round about way..with the speed of a spinner. I'll be 100% honest with you. For the first 10 mins you'll hate it. Then you'll realize the potential. I've shot spinners for 5 or 6 years now and just started with the click stick about a week ago. I'll never go back to forgetting to push the button

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys, I came up with the click stick. That pic is actually of an protype i made. The production model now uses a tension band for the trigger pressure. I must have posted the wong pic on the site. ill correct it tommorrow.
This holds the bail open until you pull back to disengage it and the reel can now click over.
In essence this gives you the best of both worlds. You never have to worry about a no click easier to let big fish run and if a guy insist on using slides with his arrows there is no chance to blow out pick up pins.

These will be a lifetime warranty product on everything except the tension band assembly which will be a wear item to be changed about every 3 months for average shooters maybe more often for other, but they are commonly available anywhere for dirt cheap.

I now have over 2 dozen people shooting these and all are die hard spinner guys. They all agree that the first 10 minutes of shoot it they hate it. then it takes over and they cannot imagine shooting without it.

It is simplicity at its best!!!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or find me on facebook under Jeremiah Weber or Boondock Outdoors.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
cool concept and idea but not for me tho ..... i like the fact that i don't have to hold anything to real in my line but may sway some retriever guys to try spinners

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
if I can get the pictures up have a button pusher that all you have to do is draw the bow,fire and crank!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
chance, Thanks

foxpro, they are available to order now. Sorry having IT problems with the new site. should be straightened out now.

amsugg, There is virtually no tension involved in holding the stick back.

water snake 2, Make it and put it to market.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I go to an anchor point on the string between arrow rest and the bottom cam about half to 3/4 way down depending on the bow never put one on osprey if the cable has enough travel might work.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
chance, Thanks

foxpro, they are available to order now. Sorry having IT problems with the new site. should be straightened out now.

amsugg, There is virtually no tension involved in holding the stick back.

water snake 2, Make it and put it to market.
Good idea you help me sell them this is a tough bunch to sell to!:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
[video]https://www.facebook.com/BoondockOutdoors/videos/pcb.1014665715296286/1014665018629689/?type=3&theater[/video]
here is a quick video to show the Click-Stick in action.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts