BowFishing Country banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do carp act when the wter starts cooling down? I'm hoping to get on the water for the first time in a while saturday, the temps have been dropping from 80s to the high 50s in the day and 30s at night, not sure what the water temps have been doing since I haven't been on the water since the first of September. I've never tried shooting any other than April-september and since I just picked up some kool aid I'm itching to try it out

·
Registered
347 Posts
Some of the best times up here are right after ice out and right before ice up. Numbers and big fish up shallow and they are very lethargic. Sure is fun coming up a school of 6 20-30lbers and getting four easily cause you shoot and they swim a little bit then shop again.

·
Registered
657 Posts
They defiantly are slower with the cold weather. The big ones seem to just sit there and let you shoot them around here now.

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
I live shooting them at night in cold weather. Fish all the way up until it ices over. My favorite time

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are they generally in the same areas I would find them in the spring and summer? I'll most likely be going during the day

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Buffs by the hundreds on sand and rock bars around home right now. Grassies behind every log. We should have killed 500 last weekend, but a boat good boat driver can only do so much. :hb:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm starting to wish I didn't take the bowfishing gear off my boat to take it duck hunting 3 times lol
Lol the decks been on the boat since may and hasnt moved yet, it'll probably be off in about a month when the crappie start biting tho

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I have just left my deck on for waterfowl season... the lights are very helpful for setting out deeks and brushing blinds... plus if the shooting turns slow you can always jump on the deck and do some day fishing... we have even set out our gear and deeks and then shot fish for a hour before shooting light...

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I have just left my deck on for waterfowl season... the lights are very helpful for setting out deeks and brushing blinds... plus if the shooting turns slow you can always jump on the deck and do some day fishing... we have even set out our gear and deeks and then shot fish for a hour before shooting light...
You can't really do that if you hunt from the boat

·
Registered
285 Posts
The pee dee in Rockingham has been good for us since it's got cold just a 3hr drive but plenty of buffs and cats just have to watch shallow and very rocky and strong current if dumping water out of tillery or pulling off blewett

1 - 20 of 28 Posts