BowFishing Country banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've checked with my local boat shops but having no luck. I'm looking for a steering cable that will fit in the tube on my outboard, it doesn't have to be any good at all. I don't want one that is still functional. What I need is the portion that fits in my motors tube and nothing more. Anyone got one laying around that isn't any good that they'd like to part with??? I'd be more than happy to cover the shipping. Just chop the sucker off from the cable and drop it in the mail. It would probably fit into a Pringles can. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I've got nothing. Curious. Whatcha doin?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I've got a few that are 9' or so, but I'd have to ask for a little more than shipping because they are new and I have a little bit into em. If you can't find a free one shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Why not just use a piece of round stock the size you need?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not just use a piece of round stock the size you need?
I'd use round stock but the outside diameter of what I need is an odd size. It's .615". The only other way for me to get it is to have a piece turned in a lathe but I'd like to just use the piece off an old steer cable since it's already the correct size.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the offer Carp Commander. I'd like to just use the piece from a scrap one. Worse comes to worse I'll find something local but I appreciate the offer.

What am I doing? I'm working on a electric steer system for my kicker. The inside diameter of the steer tube is an odd size, NATURALLY, so I have to work with the odd size of tubing the manufacturers use. I just need to get this piece so I can proceed with the prototype, a proof of concept if you will. I have a linear unit that I made that works but this is phase two where I change the design, eliminate what I can and make it as compact as possible. I've already got quite a bit of time in this, not that I'm complaining since I'm retired but I'd like to keep on schedule. This is designed to be used as a stand alone unit. It'll be adaptable to motors on transom jacks, etc. without the issues encountered when motors are trimmed up or tilted and what have you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts