BowFishing Country banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are facing the biggest problem right now which is the CoViD-19 and I made this thread to know your current situation right now.

If you ask me about my current situation. I'm good but this pandemic makes me bored, so I do warm-up exercises before going to do fishing by myself.

How about you? How are you dealing with the CoViD-19?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am currently working from home in my basement. While at my in-laws for deer hunting, my wife picked up Covid from her father. I'll get to go back to work December 4th. Assuming I or my kids don't test positive between now and then.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
I think its BS .... im not saying its not real, im not saying it wont kill, im just stating that if you look at it its no different then the flu just seems to transmit from person to person easier. Im essential (Automotive repair) so i have not missed a single day of work and other then some plexi glass and a stupid cotton mask i have not altered my job. im still touching your car, keys, and all in your car business. nobody at my job has been sick, the only outbreak was at a retirement home and the chicken plant in my town. the first 2 weeks of covid we took a dramatic down turn as far as work, but ever since then we are breaking records and consistently 2-3 days behind. To me its logical that the more you open up the more tests are gonna be done the more cases your gonna have but if you stay open eventually you will level off. but we only open up long enough for the cases to spike then governments panic and shut down again which is just creating a cycle that will never break until we stay open long enough to overcome the first wave. Yeah Im a little bitter about it.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I think its BS .... im not saying its not real, im not saying it wont kill, im just stating that if you look at it its no different then the flu just seems to transmit from person to person easier. Im essential (Automotive repair) so i have not missed a single day of work and other then some plexi glass and a stupid cotton mask i have not altered my job. im still touching your car, keys, and all in your car business. nobody at my job has been sick, the only outbreak was at a retirement home and the chicken plant in my town. the first 2 weeks of covid we took a dramatic down turn as far as work, but ever since then we are breaking records and consistently 2-3 days behind. To me its logical that the more you open up the more tests are gonna be done the more cases your gonna have but if you stay open eventually you will level off. but we only open up long enough for the cases to spike then governments panic and shut down again which is just creating a cycle that will never break until we stay open long enough to overcome the first wave. Yeah Im a little bitter about it.
I work in a big truck shop and deal with truckers from all over the country that have been all over the country we never shut down we never even stopped being open 24/7 we don’t have plexiglass between us we just have them stand away from the desk we don’t even wear masks at work we had a service writer catch it but he caught it on vacation in Florida I’m not saying it’s not serious I’m not saying it’s all bs neither but I feel like it’s blown way out of proportion I totally agree that they are testing more so they are seeing more cases that’s common sense and basic math they change the symptoms the safety measures and the way it transmits everyday first it was it can be transmitted on hard surfaces now it can’t be who knows I know I’m tired of hearing about on the news everyday and the panic about it

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Totally agree. I dunno about truckers in your world but we have had some people really loose their sh*t about us not deep cleaning there car after we get in it ..... even tho we wipe them down but dang you can’t please people these days and I promise they didn’t clean them before they brought them in 🤦🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
237 Posts
It is very real and needs to be taken seriously. My father in law got it while being an election judge and is currently in the hospital with blood clots in his lungs. My wife is unable to walk up the steps in our house without getting winded.

I also have it now, but I'm not showing any symptoms. That is what is so scary about this. If I had picked this up from somewhere unknowingly. I could have spread it to lots of other people that won't be as lucky.

The hospital I work at is currently full due to covid. Which means we don't have beds for those that have heart attacks or strokes. We can no longer due major surgeries as we don't have beds for those patients.

Our area (rural central MN) wasn't hit until the last couple months. We have lots of people around us who did/don't believe it is real or as serious as it is. A couple who have had relatives in ICU and still don't believe.

The media plays on people's fear for views and ratings along with making it political. But I ask that you please take it serious and try to be careful if not for you then others around you.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
That sucks morley sorry it has taken a toll on your fam obviously I don’t want any body sick because I’m me so I do try to follow the rules

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks, my wife is starting to feel a little better, but my father in law has a long way to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts