BowFishing Country banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up one of these generators that was extracted from a nearly brand new Toy Hauler. These bad boys are designed to run inside of a RV compartment, it has a fan that keeps it from overheating. I think my next rig will have a Built In generator. With 30amp and 4kw I will have an insane amount of lights.

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Good score on that , how quiet is it ???? How heavy, doesn't look very portable and would almost need be "built into" the boat design, 250w HPS with converters with that

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Nice. Are you planning on another build anytime soon? If not, I'd sell it. If so put that bad boy in the boat, build around it and 8 400s or 80 50w leds. Lol

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not lite, probably 125 lbs. It's not quiet but it has built in cooling so I could dampen the sound inside a generator compartment.

The remote start would be the $hit, no more pull cords.

·
Registered
462 Posts
One thing to keep in mind: I know a guy that was given an RV that had an Onan generator. It took some work (and parts) to get it going again, and he told me he would never buy an Onan generator due to the price of replacement parts. Don't know if it was just the model he had or all of them (probably all). Hopefully, with a name like that it wouldn't need replacement parts, but if you build it into a boat, you just know it's gonna break down sometime...:p

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One thing to keep in mind: I know a guy that was given an RV that had an Onan generator. It took some work (and parts) to get it going again, and he told me he would never buy an Onan generator due to the price of replacement parts. Don't know if it was just the model he had or all of them (probably all). Hopefully, with a name like that it wouldn't need replacement parts, but if you build it into a boat, you just know it's gonna break down sometime...:p
Well let's hope the odds are on my side, this Toy Hauler was totalled on its maiden voyage, it never made it to its first destination, haha.

It's should have zero hours under a load.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.