BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to order new LEDs for a boat I bought. Most of the water i fish it stained so i'm looking for LEDs that have HPS color. The 2 i am most interested in at this point are the Custom Fitz 100w and 5 Star LED 100w. I was able to find a review of the 5 Star and looked promising. I was wondering if anybody has any experience with the Custom Fitz in 2400K color?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Gary Briggs has great reviews on YouTube. Facebook says he just reviewed another one that is even more impressive. He should have the new review posted soon.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im pretty sure i have watch most of Garys videos a couple times on Youtube. was the update on the light on his facebook page or the blood Line Bowfishing page? I didn't see anything about it. Just want to make sure i have the best information before spending a couple thousand on lights.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Carplite on facbook was bragging about how well there lights did on Gary Briggs review and Gary said he would post it soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm gonna go with the fitz just debating color temp. Gonna see what my current 50w seelites are that came on the boat.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Carplite on facbook was bragging about how well there lights did on Gary Briggs review and Gary said he would post it soon.
If you are thinking about a warm light CarpLite isn't your answer. His lights are 6000K and the ember filter takes away a lot of the light

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Iv seen the carplite leds and to me there is no way they put the amount of light out that they claim. The video they have shows dark spots all around the boat.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Txsbuff, all depends on what kind of water you are fishing. Because of the murky water i normally fish i need something as close to HPS color as possible. So i will be going with either the 2200K or 2400K. Right now i am leaning towards the 5 Star LEDs. However since i plan on buying 10 lights the discount for Customfitz is pretty appealing. It also turns out 5 Star LED just came out with a new LED that Gary will hopefully test in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Carplights stuff to me looks like cheaply modded China crap that's being sold at a 300% markup

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Carplights stuff to me looks like cheaply modded China crap that's being sold at a 300% markup
agreed, I cant wait to see the results of the test. There is one guy on facebook that promotes the crap out of them and hes annoying.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Sorry guys got my names mixed up, the carplite isnt the one I was refering too. The one I cant think of the name of changes color if anyone knows the name

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Swamp eye are the lights I was referring to that chance color. Light output in their video looks terrible.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Swamp eye claims there light bar puts out 12K lumens and there submersible light puts out 19k lumens. I call total BS

1 - 20 of 44 Posts