BowFishing Country banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
another cheap option instead of the carp lite filter, is just putting some yellow tint over those cool white or even warm white LED lights. I did that for a while before i switched to HPS using this stuff https://amzn.to/2REaxDR it's super cheap and works great for the money.

i tried the similar orange tint, but i thought it inhibited the brightness too much. the yellow was a good compromise.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Same here the fitz discount is appealing have you looked into the swamp eye bar?
I have looked at the Swamp Eye light bar a little bit. It is nice that it can change color so it really wouldnt matter what kind of water your were in. What i dont like is that it is 24" long an only 120W. takes up a lot of rail space for the light it would put out. You would be able to fit two 100W flood lights in the same space. I suppose you could double stack them in a light rail to get more output, but at 190$ per light if would get a little spending. With that said I might buy a couple of them to put on the front light rail on my boat. Can use the 6000K setting while traveling from place to place, and then switch the color while shooting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same here the fitz discount is appealing have you looked into the swamp eye bar?
I have looked at the Swamp Eye light bar a little bit. It is nice that it can change color so it really wouldnt matter what kind of water your were in. What i dont like is that it is 24" long an only 120W. takes up a lot of rail space for the light it would put out. You would be able to fit two 100W flood lights in the same space. I suppose you could double stack them in a light rail to get more output, but at 190$ per light if would get a little spending. With that said I might buy a couple of them to put on the front light rail on my boat. Can use the 6000K setting while traveling from place to place, and then switch the color while shooting.
I'm gonna do the same,think I'm going to run the 28k fitz and 4 of the swamps one on each side mounted to the side of the platform and two up front.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm gonna do the same,think I'm going to run the 28k fitz and 4 of the swamps one on each side mounted to the side of the platform and two up front.
Just ordered 10 of the 5 Star LEDs in the 2200K color. Customer service is what steered me away from the Customfitz. I also believe the 5 Star are a little higher quality LED from the testing in Gary's videos.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I know you're wanting leds but at the price of the swamp eyes hps are an option, just curious why you choose leds over sodium?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know you're wanting leds but at the price of the swamp eyes hps are an option, just curious why you choose leds over sodium?
the ease of it all just plug and play no ballasts no warming up no breaking bulbs etc. I truly believe hps is a thing of the past. With led sure youay give up a bit of light but space,weight,maitence,etc and being able to keep my generator size down are all pluses for me to go led.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just ordered 10 of the 5 Star LEDs in the 2200K color. Customer service is what steered me away from the Customfitz. I also believe the 5 Star are a little higher quality LED from the testing in Gary's videos.
customfitz have been great for me thus far always quick to reply on fb messenger and answer any questions I throw at them. I'll make my decision soon.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
These lights are for a removable light rail i'm making for my second boat. Going with the LEDs will just make it easier to put the light rail on the boat and take it off. Wont have to worry about ballasts or running an additions generator. I do have a fan boat that i run HPS, and like them alot, but the boat is just too big to take out if only 2 people are on it.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I've never even thought about putting HPS lights on my boat. LEDs coming in a variety of color now. Very operator friendly. Very efficient. Only way I'll ever go.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The 60 degree for viugreum and the 30 degree beam on the 5star would be deterrents for me. I have 12/24v 48w lights currently and don't like how narrow the beam is and those are 60 degree beam.
Yeah but it looks like you'd be able to separate the two "bars" Have one going into the water directly and one pointed a little higher?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I've never even thought about putting HPS lights on my boat. LEDs coming in a variety of color now. Very operator friendly. Very efficient. Only way I'll ever go.

Before now the only reason i used HPS was because of the dirty water i was fishing. Even with "warm white" LEDs we were getting too much glare and never played around with tint enough to fix it. Now with 2200K LEDs i believe you'll see less people using sodium lights

·
Registered
131 Posts
"Only way I'll ever go." Pretty bold statement. I made the mistake of trying LED's twice. Now back to HPS. I know several others that have done the same.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Tried Leds once, shortly after sold the boat.

·
Registered
140 Posts
the 2200k LEDs i think will be the death of the HPS'. Especially if somebody starts making them for less than $80-$90 a light. I like my HPS for the color temp, and that's about it. get an LED w/ the same temp and brightness, what advantage does HPS have left at that point?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
the 2200k LEDs i think will be the death of the HPS'. Especially if somebody starts making them for less than $80-$90 a light. I like my HPS for the color temp, and that's about it. get an LED w/ the same temp and brightness, what advantage does HPS have left at that point?
Thats the main thing leds cant do, LEDs may look bright but put out no where near the same amount of light as a HPS right now. The concentration of light is just so much more with a HPS.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I got no skin in this game. I'm still running the oldest light technology known to man... :tu:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The big burning thingy in the sky

21 - 40 of 44 Posts