BowFishing Country banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
These lights are for a removable light rail i'm making for my second boat. Going with the LEDs will just make it easier to put the light rail on the boat and take it off. Wont have to worry about ballasts or running an additions generator. I do have a fan boat that i run HPS, and like them alot, but the boat is just too big to take out if only 2 people are on it.
Gotcha. Good deal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
the 2200k LEDs i think will be the death of the HPS'. Especially if somebody starts making them for less than $80-$90 a light. I like my HPS for the color temp, and that's about it. get an LED w/ the same temp and brightness, what advantage does HPS have left at that point?
Thats the main thing leds cant do, LEDs may look bright but put out no where near the same amount of light as a HPS right now. The concentration of light is just so much more with a HPS.
looks like they are not far behind hps now on lumens with a lot less wattage and almost zero maintenance. Guess my image didnt work but it was Garry Briggs white board of lux and wattage draw

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
looks like they are not far behind hps now on lumens with a lot less wattage and almost zero maintenance. Guess my image didnt work but it was Garry Briggs white board of lux and wattage draw
When it comes to total light output the HPS blow LEDs out of the water for the time being. The problem with HPS is that 60% of the light is wasted in the trees/sky. Gary is measuring lux which is the concentration of light at a point, which is what most of us are looking for I believe. From Gary's test, two of the 5 star LEDs in HPS color will put out the same or more lux than a 400 Watt custom HPS at half of the power usage. That is reason enough for me to at least give it a try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This thread is a little old but has anyone every though of looking for what color COB 50w LED module these companies are getting a hold of that are producing 2200k. They run like 2$-15$. Just imagine swapping them into what ever housing you want and having a 2200k-2400k 30-40$ bowfishing light.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts