BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have to be out and working in this Chit??? Figured would post this up before I passed out and fell off this roof......

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Every day the humidity has been horrible this year it been mid 90s with a heat index of 105/110

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
it's been in the high 80's here I work in a hot kitchen thats usualy quite a bit hotter than it is outside. I almost miss the 40 hour weeks I worked last summer outside on a maintence crew for a gated community

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Ha, ya. I'm building a two story barn out back that becomes a sweet box when you three walls sheathed. I cut out for the two side windows and door, left the front wall unsheathed for some relief. That worked for a couple days until we got to rafters and sheathing the roof the last two days. Start at daylight do done by 1300. All a guy can take:headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
We've been working in anywhere from 90-100 with head indexes in the 100-110 range. For us Minnesotans that's hot. Especially trying to do concrete and block work. Today we spent the day swinging a sledge hammer at a brick wall to lay a new one tomorrow. Put it this way, by our 9:30 am break I can wring my shirt out.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Forecast here tomorrow is only a high of 91 and mostly cloudy, but a realfeel of 113! You could say we have a little humidity here...I keep the air conditioner on about 69-70 (cooler than I like, really, to keep down the humidity) and don't think I've ever seen the humidity in the house drop below 65%. I recall years ago meeting a man from a poor Caribbean island that had little to no air conditioning and he said he had never felt heat until he came here!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Yup been 90+ with heat index over 100 for about a week and been working 16-18hrs a day and averaging 6 days a week since beginning of July minus my 5 day trip to florida. Not complaining tho, money is good and fishing sucks this time of the year, another two weeks and hopefully I'll be hitting the water hard then the woods cone Sept 10th.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup been 90+ with heat index over 100 for about a week and been working 16-18hrs a day and averaging 6 days a week since beginning of July minus my 5 day trip to florida. Not complaining tho, money is good and fishing sucks this time of the year, another two weeks and hopefully I'll be hitting the water hard then the woods cone Sept 10th.
Just a shout out to the linemen guys that do what you do, had BAD storm come thru 2 nites ago with bad lightning and a real bad flash/bang and had power out for about 7 hrs the other night, sucked not able to take a shower in morning and flushed toilet with water from fish pond out front, but know this heat is causing power problems and such for you guys also.....thx Lou

·
Premium Member
10,897 Posts
yepper hotter than Hell, its not to bad when our crushers are up and running as we can stay pretty much in machines with air condition. what does suck is when crusher goes down and your swinging sledge hammer or using pry bars out in this chit:headbang:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Interesting topic..yes it's been hot and dry in northeast Missouri this summer and I believe it has affected the bowfishing season as well. Seems all our hotspots are during the day instead of the nights, which doesn't seem to make sense. The only thing I can figure is during the day the fish are feeding but after a hot day, they are seeking cooler water at night and are going deeper. Anyone else find it's affected their areas?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Just a shout out to the linemen guys that do what you do, had BAD storm come thru 2 nites ago with bad lightning and a real bad flash/bang and had power out for about 7 hrs the other night, sucked not able to take a shower in morning and flushed toilet with water from fish pond out front, but know this heat is causing power problems and such for you guys also.....thx Lou
Thanks garp. Really appreciate that you realize what lineman go through. Yeah that was some storm Monday night. We had cars pushed 10ft from the wind buy surprisingly didn't do as much damage as you would expect with that kind of wind. Had 40,000 people out at one point and now we are down to the last 2 or 3 single no light calls.

http://www.nj.com/somerset/index.ssf/2016/07/branchburg_microburst_throws_cars_100_feet_snaps_p.html

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Heat index in the 115 range last week. It was better the last couple days, but supposed to be bad again this week. We are on a no shade, all creosote post and board fence job right now. Ain't no fun....Just ask Bigeye1979.

·
Registered
569 Posts
man It is very hot out there, everyone that works out in this heat be careful and drink plenty of liquids, and I don't mean beer. LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts