BowFishing Country banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been bowfishing a little less than a year, so still pretty new. Since winter has rolled in, fish have been deeper and I'm having trouble getting good penetration (just like everyone else, I'm sure). My husband has a high draw weight and has been losing less fish than I do. I'm at about 35-40# now and I cant turn up my weight anymore without losing speed or getting tired (I only weigh 105lbs, so anything over 40# is a lot for my size). Thinking about getting heavier arrows but ive heard heavy arrows with a light draw weight is not a good combo. Any advice? I'm tired of my husband beating me because he's stronger. Haha

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Look into heavier arrows from Carp Cartel Bowfishing Store. Also may want to look into the TNT 2, 3 or 4 barb points with the added weight adapter. I'll find them and post links for you.

These carbon fiber weaved arrows are stiffer and heavier and work better for deep shooting and penetration

This is the link to the TNT options. I would get the TNT 3-4 barb, furreal, added weight tip and start from there. Its a little more money for an arrow than usual but if it works for winter bowfishing just save that arrow for winter use.

Also are you using a Spinner style reel or a bottle style reel?

Also where are you located?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use a Muzzy reel and I'm out of central Texas. I like the idea of switching out arrows once warmer weather hits. That way its not over kill when water is shallow and their skin is softer.

For the TNT arrow heads: does just the point screw off or do I have to replace the whole thing when it dulls?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
With TNTs its the whole point. But I have seen a video of them hammering those points through like 1/2' steel and still looking brand new

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Do you use safety slides or tie to the arrow?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Safety slides are needed so I think he has it.
Safety slides are definitely not needed. If you shoot a bottle reel then yes you need a slide. But if you shoot a spincast reel then you can tie to the back of the arrow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts