BowFishing Country banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Catching fish, no, I’m not kidding. I’ve fished since being a child, and if I counted the times I’ve gone fishing over my lifetime and not caught fish, I can assure you it’s more than when I have, but it’s alright, I love fishing. An old fishing friend once told me, “ Ya know, some guys like fishing only to catch fish and some guys just like fishing. “ He was actually a pretty good fisherman, and better at coming up with rationalizations to make things work out when he didn’t catch fish. But, but, … if you really are motivated to catch fish, and it’s an ego thing which some folks I’ve known are into, then you really need to study about fish, their nature, habits, what they feed on, when they spawn, the type of water they thrive in, etc. From having a background in the fish you are interested in catching, you can then put together the right rig and setups, for bait or lures, and of course bank bait, if you so desire (beer, or your fav. beverage). Fishing is still a skill, and luck plays a part, but not nearly as much as being interested in fish and fishing, reading, talking to other fishermen and women, and experimenting. How about you, have you ever experience difficulties in your life?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Base on experienced, everybody faces difficulties when starting up, but sooner or later when you get used to it, that would become more manageable. However, life, in general, is of different scenarios. There are challenges that need a lot of work and changes for you to overcome and not only be getting used to it.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
It brings to mind the paraphrase "Adversity neither makes nor breaks a man; it merely reveals what he is."

I don't know who coined that paraphrase, but it likely stemmed from the Greek Stoic philosopher Epictetus who is quoted as saying:

"Circumstances don't make the man, they only reveal him to himself."

"Men are disturbed not by things, but by the view which they take of them."

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Philosophy 101 class is now dismissed! :geek:

Texas Jack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts