BowFishing Country banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a hunter and taget shooter with compound bows. My draw length is 29". I use releases for them bows. I shoot recurves at 28" and not sure what my draw is on them because generally you can pull them where you want. All I have ever shot was recurves for bowfishing.

Thinking of going to compound and shooting with no gloves for a fishing bow. Does draw length matter as much with a fishing bow? Or would I now be looking for a 30" draw bow?
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
No, shoot what is comfortable to you.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I also shoot 29" with a release and loop while hunting. Most of the time I rarely even come to full draw bowfishing... I would stay at 29" IMO

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I take my draw stops off and shoot them like recurves. You may want a bow that's draw length specific if it has a bunch of let off but on smooth drawing bows with low to no let off it isn't necessary.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I don't believe so. The longest module they made for the Micro 3 is the 28" module. You could sell it for a fair price and buy a new Discovery2 for about $180. That's what I would do.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your help. Think I will get a proper draw length. Hate to get used to a short draw and have me get screwed up on target and hunting bows.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts