BowFishing Country banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm planning ahead for my next boat and I'm gonna spend a pretty good chunk on it. Of course an airboat is in the equation but I've been wondering about a BA kicker rig. I was wondering about running a big outboard with a kicker on each side for more power. Obviously steering would be a biatch but other that that what would be the problem with it? I think it would be pretty awesome to have a 150 in the middle with 2 surface drives on the sides.

·
Registered
968 Posts
seems like to me you are over complicating things. The number one problem I have with this is that hulls already have something called displacement speed. Displacement speed in knots equals 1.34 times the square root of the waterline length in feet. A single kicker already reaches the displacement speed of a hull, therefore, you cannot go faster without getting on plane. Getting on plane with guys standing up and all that weight on the front isnt a good idea either. Also its hard enough to watch one side of the boat to keep the kicker clear but if you were having to watch both sides it would be impossible. A lot of times there is a narrow gap between stumps and rocks that I will weave my kicker through and that would not be possible with a dual setup. You would also be adding a lot of weight to the back of the boat that would make it sit pretty deep. It seems like to me a well thought out efficient choice of weight in a single kicker setup that would float super shallow would be the true BA kicker setup.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like you just need to get a dual surface drive rig
That's probably what I'll end up with...I was just throwing around the idea lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts