BowFishing Country banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the fan built and actuator all rigged up using Mark Lands setup as a template. Steering right now for testing with just touching wires to posts on battery and swapping to go opposite direction. Need help with wiring for permanent. Diagram on relays and switches would be nice. Having a little hold up on how switches work without putting both polarities on wires at same time and making smoke!! If you understood what I'm asking above help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
950 Posts
momswitch.jpg

relay.jpg

Double pole double throw momentary switch. I can be done with two relays also. I had posted a rough sketch of how to wire it previously. Basically, it is two switches built into one. The pos is on one pole, and the neg on the other. When you flip it one way. The it makes pos/neg. Then throw it the other, then it makes neg/pos, reversing the motor.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got the fan built and actuator all rigged up using Mark Lands setup as a template. Steering right now for testing with just touching wires to posts on battery and swapping to go opposite direction. Need help with wiring for permanent. Diagram on relays and switches would be nice. Having a little hold up on how switches work without putting both polarities on wires at same time and making smoke!! If you understood what I'm asking above help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Got pics

·
Registered
950 Posts
find out what amps the actuator uses. I ordered a wireless remote control relay. There are some available that require only a pos. and a neg input. Similar to a winch remote from harbor freight. Just be sure it is a momentary, push button.

·
Registered
950 Posts
These are the dc rated double pole, double throw relays is used.
The relays are not neccesary if you could get a large enough dt dp momentary switch. I got hold of a dentist chair foot switch. But was getting stepped on. I wired all three.
Switch, wireless remote, and the foot pedals. Made it long enough to drag it anywhere. I was dead wrong about soldering. Wont work solder will break if there is too much stress.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Chineseum wireless remote box shown goes to the relays.
As does the foot pedals. This one is not just a two wire. You have to hot the relays. The wireless remote came with two remotes. Tie a board to them. They get misplaced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts