BowFishing Country banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any of yall near Erie PA or that fish Lake Erie. I was up there for a week bass fishing last week. Did not take any bowfishing gear with me this time. 100s of carp and 1000s of suckers in the mouth of Elk Creek where it dumps into the lake. Its actually called the mouth on Google Earth. Lots of carp in the 10-12lb range and a **** ton in the 4-5lb range. Also saw several big cats on the bottom in the clear water. Elk creek is low right now and the carp are herded up by the wads. Easy pickings for the adventurous.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You load the barrels in no time! Elk creek has a decent ramp right near the spot too. These carp would just sit right by the logs and suck the slime. Werent afraid of my boat at all. They were lucky.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Lake Erie is under it's own regulations for PA. There is NO BOWFISHING OR SPEAR FISHING in or along any Lake Erie tributary streams in PA. You can shoot the lake and Presque isle. I shot gar in Presque Isle before the commission removed them from legal bowfishing species. Sorry to rain on your bowfishing. Just saving you a ticket. Bill

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Lake Erie is under it's own regulations for PA. There is NO BOWFISHING OR SPEAR FISHING in or along any Lake Erie tributary streams in PA. You can shoot the lake and Presque isle. I shot gar in Presque Isle before the commission removed them from legal bowfishing species. Sorry to rain on your bowfishing. Just saving you a ticket. Bill
Never seen it in the codes. Not saying it's not there but never seen it

·
Registered
486 Posts
Its on Page 14... Keeps the rednecks from shooting steelhead...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PA has some weird ass regs. Why in the world would they make a gar illegal to bowfish? Good thing i didnt have my bow then. These carp were about 100yds from where Elk Creek dumps in to the main lake. I also thought it was odd that we had to display our PA fishing license on outer garment of clothing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts