BowFishing Country banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question this was my enclosed sled trailer that got crushed. I have cut all of it up. Was wondering what is the best way to straighten frame up, I would like to use it for my new boat build.
I have a 4x4 tractor with bucket and also a mini excavator also some jacks and access to some steel.

The main rail on left looking at it got buckled right up by front tire. The right side has small buckle up from tire about 3 feet

I had thought about cutting out buckle and trying to force beam back straight then welding up some patches or some more bracing.

Any thoughts would be great.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Frank hope you and Tammy doing good, hit me up if get back this way and will try and get a spot on the boat for you to kill something, Could you flip it over and put pressure from tractor bucket and bend it back straight???? Might have to space it up on 4x4 to get space to bend and have room to flex back straight, then maybe weld some angle along the bent area to reinforce that area just a thought......

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had thought of that. i was going to take wheels off that would leave the jack only in way but get it on 4x4 and use excavator to push it back.

And we will take you up on that some day I hope.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Block a stiffer stick of metal (steel) at the high ends. A few clamps thru the low spots from the aluminum to the steel to stress it back past center, and bingo bango.....Straight trailer. I developed this technique to counteract the inherent thermal distortion after Timmy shows up and I've got a big piece all tacked up. That crazy fool likes to crank it to 10 and only strike one arc. :clap:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so get some blocking on either side then run a beam across it and clamp it back past center or oil straight. Clamps must have to be pretty stout I take it. If i am right on your way of doing it.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Yes sir. Big C clamps will work just fine. BTW, I'm thinking about a run to Dale Hollow in the next week or two. Likely won't try to shoot anything, but we'll set some jugs and drink a couple beers.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Yes sir. Big C clamps will work just fine. BTW, I'm thinking about a run to Dale Hollow in the next week or two. Likely won't try to shoot anything, but we'll set some jugs and drink a couple beers.
This sounds freaking awesome!!! A nice get away!!!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Was up there Monday putting an engine in my boat. It's a mud hole.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
only one cross member looks tweaked, I cut that one out. I can see where some little welds broke on others. hoping that is all. But if they look tweaked when I get into it more I will cut them out. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts