BowFishing Country banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a fan in the near future more than likely will have all controls for steering and throttle. I will have to make my own fan stand, this will be my first fan so I need to know the ins and outs of this fan stand before I get going. Is there a certain degree u want your fan to sit as far as angled down toword the water to help create a lift on the tail end? What parts will I need? Any detailed pics would be awesome thanks guys

·
Jail bird
3,980 Posts
Well what I recommend is reading through the fan threads here use the search tab and get a good idea of what size set up your going to use, your budget, and your capabilities as far as fabrication then we can help you out a little more. What size boat are you putting this on and what's your budget?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a 1860 w/ 90 hp yamaha. Budget is gonna b around 3-400 bucks, also I have no fabrication skills unfortunately. Assuming due to budget It will be made of steel

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
No what you'll want to do is level the boat on the trailer and build everything level.You want to build it as far back as you can and as close to your outboard as you can get it when it is trimmed up all the way.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Ok thanks ttg :tu: also what's your take on it being made of steel rather than aluminum
Steel is fine and that's what most are made out of.Aluminum works good too but it also costs an arm and a leg.I wouldn't worry about the weight to much.Once a couple guys climb up on the deck and you start adding fish, the boat is going to probably draft a little nose heavy anyways.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Its tough to find aluminum welder for quick repairs on the road. Steel can be built strong and look good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya that is true ttg the way it is now it's a little nose heavy just cuz I have 3 or 4 of us up front, added weight from the stand and fan should help counter that a little I would think, and yes cal I have a hard enough time finding someone to weld aluminum as it is, on the road quick repairs would be tough

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Yeah even airboats with V8's in the back will get to riding a little front heavy if you don't keep your fish stacked up against the cage.On a bowfishing boat the more weight that you can put towards the rear the better off you'll be.If you have 3 guys then it don't take all that many fish and you'll have over 1,000 pounds in the front of the boat before you know it.The more level the boat sits the better it will fish.:tu:

·
Most banned BFC member
3,084 Posts
big loops on ur cable is better than small loops.the bigger raidus in ur turns the easier it is to use.. so yes and no

1 - 16 of 16 Posts