BowFishing Country banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw some threads on this but can't seem to find them now. Need to decide between the pm3 or the bowfishing model. I have a three bank on board that can be used to float charge the batteries. Just need to make sure the bowfishing model works without issues.

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have 2 PM75BF (bowfishing model) on my boat. I do not have any batteries (except one for the outboard that is not hooked up to the converters) and run my LED lights and troller off of the converters and generator. So far (I have only had the boat out 3 times since setting this up) all is working fine.

Bisch

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes the bowfishing model works well. Between my teammates boats and mine, we have 2 24 volt, and 3 12s. All run straight off the generator with no issues.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
PowerMax guys are great to talk to. Best I remember, the Bowfishing model does not hit the high voltage the first 20 minutes or so which I believe was 14.4 or 28.8 volts and thought to be the possible cause of some digital trolling motor failures. The Bowfishing model I think peaks around 13.5. I also think there are guys that have tweaked the potentiometer on the standard models to achieve same. Give them a call, they will give details.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
PowerMax guys are great to talk to. Best I remember, the Bowfishing model does not hit the high voltage the first 20 minutes or so which I believe was 14.4 or 28.8 volts and thought to be the possible cause of some digital trolling motor failures. The Bowfishing model I think peaks around 13.5. I also think there are guys that have tweaked the potentiometer on the standard models to achieve same. Give them a call, they will give details.
JB is correct, I run 2 PM4-55 and I have the turned down to run 13.8 during the first 15 minute cycle. After 15 minutes the voltage fluctuates as necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts