BowFishing Country banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
This one goes along with the spur story.......My wife and daughter with the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years. This was a Churchill about 2 weeks before he sealed the deal on the triple.
Pretty cool but might as well be Mr ED, just looks like a horse to me.... You obviously get into all kinds of stuff.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
At this point they are only up to 60 grit on my belt sander. I will start with 80 grit removing the heat scale and up from there. I hand sanded the first one up to 220.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
When my last buffer quit, I replaced it with a harbor freight buffer. It's 7 or 8 years old, and still going strong. Sissal wheels and polishing compound from Jantz on a buffer will save you some time, and it's pretty cheap. Start with a rough cut rouge and work your way down. Are you doing ironwood handles again?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I have polished some before, but I kinda like the brushed look. I am certain though that one will get polished here soon and I will follow your advice. The vegetable clever will be ironwood for sure, but I am contemplating maple for the santoku blade just to change it up. And I made a sweet batch of micarta yesterday for something a little more tactical.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I never had you pegged for a red wine kind of guy. :laugh: Looks great!
Haha...I couldn't find anything to prop it up for pics and then I found my wino-wife's cork drawer, and it worked awesome! Although I did drink quite a few glasses on our Texas Hill Country winery tours last weekend...I would have preferred a beer or bourbon.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Love the lawn mower blade cut out and the iron wood handles we have that wood in some of our sloughs around here!!Ran into an interesting knife maker last weekend in a large flea market mall in Hot Springs,ark. father and son operation since the 70,s had a booth full I mean full of knives and scabbards were nice said they were there every weekend.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I wish I had seen that Payphone, I'm going to go look it up online.

That looks good Gary. Is it about 3/16" thick? And based on your handle holes, are you doing a paracord wrap?

61 - 80 of 108 Posts