BowFishing Country banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Wow, truly impressive. I like that we can see the first couple pics on this thread and how you've improved. I'd like to build some knives down the road, I'll be messaging you for advice when I do. What is the FF imprint on all of your new knives?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Thanks again for the positive feedback guys. I do plan on selling them, but haven't been focused on that as much as just honing my skills and processes. Some are already gone so I'll try and describe what I've shown so far.

Kitchen set - SOLD - Chef and utility, 1095 HC steel w/500gr brushed finish, ironwood handles w/bright red liners, stainless pins. I have another identical set unfished, but will have rosewood handles w/brick liners (wife is begging for these)

Tan canvas hunter -SOLD- 1095 HC steel blued w/500gr brushed spine (i love this method because it contrasts the jimping nicely), tan canvas micarta (w/integrated tangerine fabric liners) handle, stainless tubes. This was actually a 1 year sobriety gift for my brother(his date etched on the other side of blade) and my favorite build to date.

Black canvas hunter - Available...I guess...kinda built it for myself. Same specs as the tan handle except black canvas micarta w/bright red liners.

All others -Available- The 3 green burlap/dark canvas micarta handles, and the 5 fleur de lis/tan canvas handles. In all honesty these were prototypes in some form or fashion...jimping style, handle shape/material, pin material, and a few plunge line imperfections. All perfectly capable cutting tools, but you only learn by doing...so these 8 were that batch.

I also bought quite a few sets of Old Hickory kitchen knives with beat-up handles that I plan on restoring with ironwood, rosewood, etc handles.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts