BowFishing Country banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about using a flounder style fan for my bowfishing boat. I like that style because it seems to put the fan up out of the way and safer maybe? Looking to put 13hp predator on there for a motor and 36" 3 blade prop. I understand I'll only have 180 degrees of steering and I am ok with that. If I do add a fan, I will install a center console to run the big motor and use the front steer for the fan.

For those who have built the flounder style fans, what sort of hub did you use for the motor to sit/spin on?

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
What exactly do you mean by a flounder style fan? Guess I've never heard of that term before being from MN. I would go bigger for the motor and fan if possible. Yes that would probably work but its always better to have more power and not need it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
apparently its just really high up like a genny rack

·
Registered
984 Posts

When building motor stand, make sure you can jack up motor and tilt it up out of water and not hit blades (going straight, sometimes you forget to turn motor one side of other). Go big on motor if running alternator, when wind is blowing or hit a spot with no fish you can kick it up and cover more ground.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thinking about using a flounder style fan for my bowfishing boat. I like that style because it seems to put the fan up out of the way and safer maybe? Looking to put 13hp predator on there for a motor and 36" 3 blade prop. I understand I'll only have 180 degrees of steering and I am ok with that. If I do add a fan, I will install a center console to run the big motor and use the front steer for the fan.

For those who have built the flounder style fans, what sort of hub did you use for the motor to sit/spin on?
I got that whole set up

·
Registered
984 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts