BowFishing Country banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 14 foot V bottom bow and shot a lot of carp out of it this last year. I have a nice deck raised maybe 6 inches. I am going to get a generator soon ( thinking about a CHampion 3500 watt? and suggestions?) and am wondering if how to rig the lights onto the deck. if i should make a deck that is raised enough for the lights to go underneath or if i should make a railing and put the lights onto that. also what lights should i get.
thanks!

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
It will be hard to fiit HPS lights under the 6inch clearence, but could use halos(not my suggestion) there is no real point in having a raised deck unless you putting lights underneath or shoot daytime a lot. Go with as small of a genny as possible, a honda eu2000 and a few HPS 150's would be a nice setup!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you think if i put a deck tall enough to put lights underneath it will be stable enough with only a 14 boat?

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Possibly, depends on how wide your boat is, we had a 1648 with a 10" high deck on it and it was just fine, if your worried about the stability make a flush deck with lights on top

·
Registered
486 Posts
14 foot boat it short but If you dont go too high you should be good. 6" raised deck wont be high enough to mount any kind of lights while being able to get into the latches to change bulbs. My buddy and I just built one for my old boat that I sold him. Its a 1652 with a 12 inch deck. Not super stable but should be fine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea. good idea to make a railing out of PVC pipe and then connect the lights to that? or what do you think we should make the railing out of. we have a great carpeted deck now that we will probley just put lights ontop so it is stable

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Leave the PVC pipe for plumbing! :laugh:

If you already have a good flush deck then just mount you lights to the top of the deck and go kill some fish! You will be surprised that most likely you won't even notice them on top of the deck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright. how should we mount them?!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts