BowFishing Country banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im over a grand in equipment into bowfishing since its something i always wanted to do an now that i started i love it. Bought a new bow and we installed 2each 20" led and 2each 32" led light bars off the front of my boat were looking at about 600watts of power for them. currently to just get out a little we are wiring them right to a battery but we are looking at maybe 2 hours of use if lucky plus my other battery gets about 2 hours of trolling before slowing down. So not wanting to but probly going to go the generator setup. Im looking at a 2300w quite genny Ill link it below. So my question here is for just the lights how do we go about running them off the genny? i dont wanna spend 400 on a genny and another 100+ on some power converter but that looks the route. This gen has a 12dc poweroulet like in all vehicles. I cant imagine wiring all 600w of lights to a 12v DC outlet adapter would work would it? If my only option is to buy the gen then a converter to attach the pos and neg to be able to plug a 120 into the gen to power where do i find a good converter? Im not an electrician so this is all a little much but i need to do something so i dont drain batteries each time we go out for a few hours.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The DC output off of an inverter generator is usually only rated for 8-10 amps.

There are a couple of things to consider when you go to a genny setup. Amount of power needed and type 110v or 12v. What size trolling motor are you running?

600w of lights @ 12v = 50amps
55# trolling motor 12v max draw is 50 amps

It is typically recommended that you have at least 20-25% more converter than what you draw. So you would need a 120amp converter to run both your lights and trolling motor.

A powermaxx pm3-120LK draws a max of 15amps, so you would need to make sure your generator can handle more than 1800w running.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if i just wanted to run the genny with the lights i run the lights to the battery and use a powermax converter to run the gen and power the battery while using the lights there isnt really much online for videos showing it and im trying to get a handle, i would like to be able to run a converter for one 12v battery and run the trolling motor and light off the same battery but not sure if i want to spend that kind of money right now already 900$ into the rest of the gear from this week alone smh. So if running both on one 12v battery id need the 120 converter that is atleast 120amps with a generator that runs 1800?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Correct, you would hook converter to battery as well as lights and trolling motor. Look up Jacky Davis on facebook to get a powermaxx converter for his cost.

·
Registered
136 Posts
So if i just wanted to run the genny with the lights i run the lights to the battery and use a powermax converter to run the gen and power the battery while using the lights there isnt really much online for videos showing it and im trying to get a handle, i would like to be able to run a converter for one 12v battery and run the trolling motor and light off the same battery but not sure if i want to spend that kind of money right now already 900$ into the rest of the gear from this week alone smh. So if running both on one 12v battery id need the 120 converter that is atleast 120amps with a generator that runs 1800?
What was the result, hunter4528? Is it okay?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts