BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this past Saturday night I got the job done getting my first gator. I saw about 10-15 gators within 2 hours. We saw this gator around 11PM and I knew he was about the size I was looking for, so we kill all the lights and dropped the trolling motor. We kept the red light just barley on him to locate him. We were about 75 yards out when we dropped the trolling motor, so when then slowly made our way to him. I am on the front of the boat with my bow ready to take the first shot. We start to get around 30 yards from him and everybody is getting pumped. We hit the 15 yard mark and I let the arrow fly and then SMACKKKKKKK hitting the gator on the side of the head right behind his eye. Of course he freaked out and took off like a bat out of hell. He took almost all my line then stopped. So then we starting using the line to pull us to the gator, come to find out he had gone under a log. So I took my harpoon pole and a duck decoy retriever and tied them together. Fishing around for the other side of the line I finally found it and pulled the float under the log and out. Now we are back to finding this gator. I start slowing pulling on the line until it seems we are almost on top of him. I then pull the line up to try and get a good look at him and once again he takes off running. This prob happened 2-3 times then we are pulling up the line again and out of nowhere comes a head so I give the line to a buddy a grab the harpoon. My buddy pulls the gator up again and as soon as I see the side of the neck I hit him with the harpoon and he takes off once again. So we go chasing him down with now two lines on him and get right on top of him and I grab the snack hook and drop it down and snag him right on the side of his head. My buddy takes the rope and pulls him up and here comes the head, I grab the 45 and put it right behind his eyes and it was game over. So we then tapped up his mouth and pulled him in the boat. Got him on dry land and he measured out to 8ft 8". Hope yall enjoyed :drunk:
gator1.jpg gator2.jpg gator3.jpg gator4.jpg gator5.jpg

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Congrats dude! sounds like a blast!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Good job!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts