BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well here is the story... I got married in July of '15 and the wife and I both love bowfishing but we never had a boat. So after the wedding she tells me she wants to buy a boat instead of going on a honey moon!! A week later we bought our friends 1986 18ft fiberglass tri hull!! (I know most of you guys are thinking I shoulda bought an aluminum boat and I was too but I liked this one). So the boat has a center consol with a 115hp mercy on the back and a 55lb troller up front.

So here are my plans:
1. New paint/repair fiberglass in some spots
2. Make a pedestal for the foot control for the troller. I guess you can't do sexy sticks for the controller I have and I didn't want to buy a new one.

That's it!

I don't have much time to shoot at night so idk if I'll put lights on it yet but maybe.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this is what I want it to look like when it's all said and done

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Keep the wife!! Not many would have made that suggestion. And if that boat could talk...

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So first think I did was add a 2X6 piece of wood to try to eliminate the steps that are on the front of the boat. Then used expandable foam to fill in the cracks and spray painted it black to make it look better.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep the wife!! Not many would have made that suggestion. And if that boat could talk...
haha yeah I think I'll keep her around for a while.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then I sanded the steel trim piece and painted it black. It already made it look better!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last Thursday I took the night off to go find fish with the wife. Found some suckers

Attachments

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last night I started on the hull... This took a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
While I was sanding the two layers of paint off I found a couple spots that had water in them??? It was like i had sanded over a zit and water was dripping out of it like puss haha. I suppose I will buy a fiberglass patch kit and fix those up after I get it all sanded down and ready for paint!

·
Registered
837 Posts
awesome bought It said u got married July of 16 I am thinking u meant 15 ha ha got caught up in all the excitement of the new boat good luck with it looks great I ran a tri hull for years never had to worry about rocks so it was great

·
Registered
235 Posts
Awesome wife, That boat looks like it will be a lot of fun, Making it your own is a lot of work but i enjoy it ,Im sure you will also . tell your better half i like the hat . have fun you two.:D

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
awesome bought It said u got married July of 16 I am thinking u meant 15 ha ha got caught up in all the excitement of the new boat good luck with it looks great I ran a tri hull for years never had to worry about rocks so it was great
Nope. This boat does 88 MPH. The build pics were taken next year. Speaking of tri hull boats.....Anybody want a free one?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Glad to see someone finishing Aaron and Jimmys boat. Hope to see you at a tourney this summer. I have a lower unit for a115 mercy if yours gives up the ghost.

Dan

1 - 20 of 373 Posts