BowFishing Country banner

21 - 40 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Wow all you guys need to get your wives on the water with you! At least once if you haven't already! My girlfriend was hesitant about it but wanted to try and chit, now everytime I go she's with!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Awesome boat.. I hope my future wife will make a decision like that!! Really excited to follow your build... one of these days ill have enough money in my pocket to start my own:D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Awesome boat.. I hope my future wife will make a decision like that!! Really excited to follow your build... one of these days ill have enough money in my pocket to start my own:D
It's simple, if your girlfriend does not go hunting, fishing or Bowfishing with you, then keep looking. When dating my wife went Bowhunting with me, fishing, ATV's, camping and took really good care of me at night... keeper.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Glad to see someone finishing Aaron and Jimmys boat. Hope to see you at a tourney this summer. I have a lower unit for a115 mercy if yours gives up the ghost.

Dan
Dan
I feel like we have met? Have you been to the Thompson shoot?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks guys!! It is taking me some time and elbow grease but I make it that way so I appreciate it more lol.

So last night I finished sanding the transom but didn't take any pictures.

My original plan was to spray paint it dark grey but a guy I work with said i should use real paint and roll it or brush it on... Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I don't know about fiberglass but buddy took his to a trailer repair shop and they taped it up, primed and shot it all Black for $300 using industrial quality paint they use on trailers. I bet paint would have been half that much or more for a 20/72. Might check around and then price materials for you to do it yourself..

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
It's simple, if your girlfriend does not go hunting, fishing or Bowfishing with you, then keep looking. When dating my wife went Bowhunting with me, fishing, ATV's, camping and took really good care of me at night... keeper.
Agreed, it isn't that my wife won't bowfish, she just wants to go for a few hours, I want to stay out till the sun comes up.

My wife's a trooper, she's back packed into hidden lakes with me and slept on the ground by the fire with me. Not many women will do that these days.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Thanks guys!! It is taking me some time and elbow grease but I make it that way so I appreciate it more lol.

So last night I finished sanding the transom but didn't take any pictures.

My original plan was to spray paint it dark grey but a guy I work with said i should use real paint and roll it or brush it on... Anyone have suggestions?
Real paint? Spray paint isn't real?

It's all in the prep no matter what paint you use. The nice thing about spray paint is how easy touch ups are.

You can get a inexpensive HVLP paint gun from harbor freight that isn't bad, then use industrial or implement paint.

Or you can roll it, it will certainly look better if it's sprayed on.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I know spray paint is real paint. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience in doing this if they prefer rattle can spray paint or roll/brush it on?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
ok sounds like ill be buying a case of rattle can lol

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
If you use spray paint make sure the can isn't cold. I use a hair dryer or a heat gun to warm it up, it makes a big difference. It doesn't need to be so hot you can't hold it, 90-100* is perfect.

The worst thing you can do is use a cold can.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Glad to see someone finishing Aaron and Jimmys boat. Hope to see you at a tourney this summer. I have a lower unit for a115 mercy if yours gives up the ghost.

Dan
Dan
I feel like we have met? Have you been to the Thompson shoot?
I thought that boat looked familiar , all I can remember is the vid of the test run :laugh::laugh: Jimmy saying I didn't do it I didn't do it :laugh:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Why is that??

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
If you use spray paint make sure the can isn't cold. I use a hair dryer or a heat gun to warm it up, it makes a big difference. It doesn't need to be so hot you can't hold it, 90-100* is perfect.

The worst thing you can do is use a cold can.
Why is that??

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I thought that boat looked familiar , all I can remember is the vid of the test run :laugh::laugh: Jimmy saying I didn't do it I didn't do it :laugh:
haha I saw that video. Aaron showed me!

From what I hear you shoot Madison a lot. I am originally from Madison!

·
Registered
941 Posts
haha I saw that video. Aaron showed me!

From what I hear you shoot Madison a lot. I am originally from Madison!

I usually make it to Jud's shoot out of the point bar not this year though weekend I think he'll have it I'll be at a wedding , I have the inter lakes curse I cant get one of those tagged carp to save my life , shoot local mostly Henry , Thompson , Byron & Mud and the Jim , wonder if Aaron still has the video

21 - 40 of 373 Posts