BowFishing Country banner

41 - 60 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Usually shoot with bow carp (joe). 2 years ago shot with Tye. My boat is the Green Manalishi that someone took my troller prop off during the Thompson shoot 2 years ago

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I usually make it to Jud's shoot out of the point bar not this year though weekend I think he'll have it I'll be at a wedding , I have the inter lakes curse I cant get one of those tagged carp to save my life , shoot local mostly Henry , Thompson , Byron & Mud and the Jim , wonder if Aaron still has the video
Haha I have got like 15 of those tags! I have no idea where they all are but i have a bunch from when I was in high school and the summer or two after that

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Got the trolling motor pedestal done!! Complete with a disconnect for when I'm not using it. Next step is painting, mounting and getting a grip for the joy stick

Attachments

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
That's a very interesting concept, can't believe someone hasn't tried that yet. At least I haven't seen it.

I like it.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks! Hoopty said that I wouldn't be able to do a "sexy stick" for that control so I improvised.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
lol it looks pretty redneck but it works

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Big day today!! My buddy came to town to help me out today!

Finished sanding (thank God!)
Filled in holes with apoxy
Painted, mounted and got grip for the trolling motor pedestal and joystick
Painted.. Well sort of... Hardware store only had two cans of the paint I wanted

Will finish paint Monday and Tuesday

Attachments

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
What year is that Merc and how do you like it. I've seen a few deals on 70's mercs lately, I've passed primarily because of the weight and fuel consumption.

Some of these deals are almost to good to pass up.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Not bad motors for the price the wiring needs replacing sometimes we are running a 1978 85 hp. blue stripe gave 900 dollars for about 8 years ago came off a house boat hadn,t been used much.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
What year is that Merc and how do you like it. I've seen a few deals on 70's mercs lately, I've passed primarily because of the weight and fuel consumption.

Some of these deals are almost to good to pass up.
Its a 1987 and I havent gotten to run a whole lot. And it the first motor I have ever had so I wouldnt know a difference lol

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Its a 1987 and I havent gotten to run a whole lot. And it the first motor I have ever had so I wouldnt know a difference lol
Well let me know.

We put a mid 90's Suzuki dt115 on my partners 1860 Prodigy, and it gets after it. Had some turning issues, I fabed up a aluminum hydrofoil/whaletail which helped a bunch with turning. We also picked up a MPH of speed.

Suzuki's werent even on my radar, but now I'm a fan.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I took it out like three times last year and it runs like a top when it wants too... it doesnt like to plane out very well... ill get it going and then itll like misfire idk whats going on with it but ill figure it out soon enough

·
Registered
599 Posts
Well let me know.

We put a mid 90's Suzuki dt115 on my partners 1860 Prodigy, and it gets after it. Had some turning issues, I fabed up a aluminum hydrofoil/whaletail which helped a bunch with turning. We also picked up a MPH of speed.

Suzuki's werent even on my radar, but now I'm a fan.
can you scratch 66 out of it?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Done painting!! Finished up the clear coat and pulled tape and remounted the fenders on the trailer. Cleaned up the boat and put all of my tools away and cleaned up shop. I couldn't find my work bench lol.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 373 Posts