BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a buddy are gonna try some bank walking down on Roaring river in the morning. Anybody in the area wants to tag along just shoot me a pm. Gonna head out around 7am. :wave:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't had a chance to stick a fish yet, weather been crappy. Its a blast to shoot though. I have probably shot it 300 times round the house. It has a very natural point of aim and seems easier to aim than a bow. I will take my kingfisher in the morning just because the range is more limited on the slingbow.

·
Registered
553 Posts
so ya thinkin the slingbow wont be able to stick em like the recurve i have been wonderin and ponderin on what i wanna get this year ive been thinkin on one or the other may get both a recurve and slingbow. how does the band look? look like any bad wear on it yet? lol sorry for hijackin just hopein to get some answers that way i dont make the wrong decision

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sayin it wont stick em good it just seems that shooting a fiberglass arrow I get a little better arrow flight at longer ranges with the curve. It could be that I am shooting a rest on the bow and off the fork on the slingbow so it amplifies flight imperfections on further shots. You are more than welcome to come down to TN and shoot mine a bit befor you buy on if ya want. I guess the fact is that each has its faults, so thats why I have both and both will be in the boat.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Good luck, thats all we have here is bank shooting. Someday hope to take a vacation to US for some shooting from a boat. Maybe this summer in August weekend before Michigan Nascar race. Suppost to be Asian Carp there.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Good Luck Hand

·
Registered
553 Posts
its all good i figured it would stick em pretty well ive been wonderin about the whole deal of shootin through the forks on em figured with the nocks on the arrows they would prolly bump n stuff and throw em off they prolly wouldnt be that bad with a whisker biscuit on em im still pretty dang sure im gonna buy one though they still look like a blast. lol

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its all good i figured it would stick em pretty well ive been wonderin about the whole deal of shootin through the forks on em figured with the nocks on the arrows they would prolly bump n stuff and throw em off they prolly wouldnt be that bad with a whisker biscuit on em im still pretty dang sure im gonna buy one though they still look like a blast. lol
As long as you remember to turn the slide stop up there is no contact. But a whisker would be more forgiving as far as torquing the arrow. They are definately a blast to shoot.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didnt do any good this morning. The weather was good and the water looked great, but the fish weren't cooperating. Did however find the biggest preshwater muscle I have ever seen.

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
Still a good day out I bet! Beats not going at all!!!

B

·
0 Posts
i chose a bad time to demolish my hand lol, whole weekend in the sixties lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts