BowFishing Country banner

Good beginner boat

957 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  CamoCarpKiller 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I was just wondering how big of a boat I would need for me and a friend to bowfish comfortably in. We won't be adding lights but would like a small platform on it. Thanks for any suggestions.

#7 ·
X 2 and preferably with a 20" transom. At least 48" on the width--might get by with a 1448 but 1648's are easy to find.

#4 ·
x2... any less and you get into stability issues... not that you cant fish from a 1436 .. but ... you can find a bigger boat for cheap... get at least a 42 and preferably a 48 ... lenght not an issue at 48 ... and shoot em!

#5 ·
I'd go no less than a 1648.. the wider the better! Also, depends on where you're fishing and body of water.. etc.. I really like my 1860 for an all around boat.. but I've got a little 1448 for small creeks and places without ramps.. so there ya go.. good luck!!

#8 ·
I had a 1242 Flat Bottom before I got my 1672 Mod V. I haven't fished out of my 1672 yet but it has to be better than my 1242. That thing was so tippy even on my pond. Don't think I would have trusted to fish on the river with it. Try the classified section on here or try craigslist. Craigslist has some pretty good deals on boats. Good luck brother! :tu:

#9 ·
I think you must be measuring across the top of the boat to get that width---

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.