BowFishing Country banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Use to have goodyear wrangle m/t's on my dodge. Slightly different tread pattern but the LOUDEST damn tire ive ever had. I prefer a/t's

·
Registered
334 Posts
check-out Kelly Safari TSR's, made by good year and surprisingly quiet running down the highway as well as plenty of grip in the nasty stuff

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
They have a lot of "tread flex" On a 2500HD going into a corner the back end would feel like it was going to slide and the front end push! Goodyear shop told me I was running to low pressure. put then up to 75# and felt the same and road like a buck board! They then said that is just the nature of a "off road tire" ! Like he!! I now run 295/70R17 Cooper STT and an very happy with them! Also loved My BFG A/T's (the STT are more of a mud tire then A/T's)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Im running them on a gmc halfton extended cab, got jipped into them but i guess theyre ok. But if i had a choice the last time i would have went with the kelly safari.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Wrangler Mtr are nice tires but the kevlar ones were WAY overpriced when I looked at them

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Honestly i would get s good set of A/T's if your worried at all about on road manners. M/T's make a chit ton of road noise especially when pulling a trailer. But if you really want an M/T I have toyo m/t's on my dodge right now and they're pretty quiet on the highway for the tread pattern. Have held up good to my abuse also. My next tires will be Procomp extreme A/T's though.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
My buddy has Dick Cepek, Mud Countrys on his dodge and they've held up really good for close to 30,000 miles... also they have great off road traction and are well mannered on the road
I have Maxxis Bighorn MT's on my truck right right now and they have GREAT offroad traction but are kinda loud on the road and i feel like they've been wearing a bit faster than i would like but i guess you can't expect great wear on MT's

·
Registered
914 Posts
Toyo open country or BFG all terrain ta's. Those bfg are impressive for an all terrain and they last wear well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers and really liked them a lot. Before I got rid of that truck I traded tires with a buddy of mine and as far as I know he's still running them. That was 2 years ago. I'm impressed enough to buy another set the next time I need tires.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Honestly i would get s good set of A/T's if your worried at all about on road manners. M/T's make a chit ton of road noise especially when pulling a trailer. But if you really want an M/T I have toyo m/t's on my dodge right now and they're pretty quiet on the highway for the tread pattern. Have held up good to my abuse also. My next tires will be Procomp extreme A/T's though.
Running the Procomp Extreme M/T now. Ran the A/T before, probably going back with them. Good tire with a high load rating.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hey man I got almost 3 year, if they make it till April I will, on a set of Mickey Thompson A/T on my 2500. Been a good tire and they are pretty agressive for an A/T. Let me know if you would like for me to get ya a price.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey man I got almost 3 year, if they make it till April I will, on a set of Mickey Thompson A/T on my 2500. Been a good tire and they are pretty agressive for an A/T. Let me know if you would like for me to get ya a price.
Which A/T, Traditional?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Toyo open country or BFG all terrain ta's. Those bfg are impressive for an all terrain and they last wear well.

I had toyo open countrys on my halfton. never ever again. couldnt even get traction on dry gravel let alone with a horse trailer in the mud on top of a mountain, I had real problems. BFG ATs are on my truck now. my sonoma has uniroyal liberators, for a cheap tire they do really well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts