BowFishing Country banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got permission from our state Fish & Wildlife service and my community association to start taking out some of the monster Grassies in our lake but now that the weather is cooling, the dang fish seem to have gone into hiding! I could practically walk across them all summer when it was hot and calm out (and couldn't get anyone to take any action):headbang:, but the winds and rain have returned and the fish seems to have sunk out of sight. I have checked all the areas I usually see them, but they are no where to be found. I've been out at night when it was good and calm with my lights, but only saw 2 as they torpedoed away from me. Anyone got any suggestions? Chumming with corn? Or am I just stuck twiddling my thumbs until the water warms up again in the spring?:cf:

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
How big is the lake???? What size grassies??? How many were supposedly stocked ????

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's about 33 acres. Over the last 20 years there have been about 550 fish stocked in there. I don't think there are that many still there, but I've seen at least half that number and they are huge! most in the 20+lb range. about half of the lake is pretty shallow (6' or less) but we have so much of a blue green algae problem that most of the time visibility is limited to 2' or less. I saw tons of fish when it was hot and sunny out, but now that the water has cooled they are a lot less active and seem to be hanging deeper. The hunt continues...

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Once it gets cold they go deep. Not much you can do, except maybe try on warm sunny days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts