BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure this has been covered but can’t find much on the kicker rig tracker is making now. I’m thinking about buying it but not many reviews even on google on this boat.
Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't buy anything from tracker imo. Worst boat I ever owned
I hear this a lot. My friend likes his tracker, and I like mine. His is 1654 grizzly sportsman and mine is a 1648 grizzly. Both were made over 10 years ago, so maybe their not as good as they were back then. But when/ if I do upgrade to a new larger boat I'm thinking allweld, SeaArk, or custom rig.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boat hull, design or wiring? I talk to some people that say wiring was an issue then some say never had any issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Boat hull, design or wiring? I talk to some people that say wiring was an issue then some say never had any issues.
I hear it's all over the place, not just a specific problem. One guy who works at a Lowe dealer, said to stay away because tracker hulls split at the seams due to bad welds. Again he pushed Lowe boats but was a dealer. My boat is new to me and was 2009. So far I haven't had much to complain about. YMMV

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just pulled this up on the hull warrenty from Tracker. I feel ok with this but not sure if its missing something else that would not be covered?

LIMITED LIFETIME STRUCTURAL AND DECK WARRANTY

For the entire life of your boat (if you're the original owner), we cover the hull, interior ribs, transom, exterior welds, and decking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the way this is ricksellers who started the thread, had to start a new account and finally found my original account.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just pulled this up on the hull warrenty from Tracker. I feel ok with this but not sure if its missing something else that would not be covered?

LIMITED LIFETIME STRUCTURAL AND DECK WARRANTY

For the entire life of your boat (if you're the original owner), we cover the hull, interior ribs, transom, exterior welds, and decking.
Do lots of research. Lots of happy people and not so happy people. I'm not saying that I won't buy another tracker grizzly next time around, however it seems you can get a nice custom designed boat from andalusia marine for around $25k. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSIhOPS2YOg You would have to travel to get it but I see lots of factory tracker, crestliner, lowe, etc for more than $25k.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man that is a good looking boat. I just wish shooting platform was elevated and rigged with a kicker. Basically I love every everything about the Tracker with the kicker with the exception of wanting a Yamaha and a boat that will hold up. But the tracker kicker rig set up is 40K. However I could live with myself with the Mercury but not a boat that won't hold up. I think I'm going to go look really close at the hull and see if its full welds to tacks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Man that is a good looking boat. I just wish shooting platform was elevated and rigged with a kicker. Basically I love every everything about the Tracker with the kicker with the exception of wanting a Yamaha and a boat that will hold up. But the tracker kicker rig set up is 40K. However I could live with myself with the Mercury but not a boat that won't hold up. I think I'm going to go look really close at the hull and see if its full welds to tacks.
$40k for that is a ton. Not sure if they changed the genny, wires and lights but heard that they were complete junk a few years back, and were DC. Andalusia or custom builder can probably build what you want for $10k less. Or buy a SeaArk and put a kicker on it. I'd price out a custom boat if you were thinking about dropping that much coin. Not sure where you are located but there are custom builders north and south. Closes drive for me would be a guy in Tn who builds boats from scratch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in Mandeville, La right on Lake Pontchartrain.

Several custom boat builders in my area I'm sure. But have only looked at a couple. They are having the Sportsman Show at the Super-dome this weekend in New Orleans and I plan to attend to check it out. Couple years ago they had maybe 15-20 different manufactures and builders of boats.

This is the first tracker (Kicker) I have seen, so I guess I was seeing or hoping they have improved their quality.

2000000196.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’d check the tracker and then get quotes on customs built to similar specs. I would be interested to know if a similar spec custom rig is cheaper. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
In my honest opinion people who "love" their tracker have never been on or owned any other quality built boat or custom boat, and are just in denial

·
Registered
121 Posts
Don't buy anything from tracker imo. Worst boat I ever owned
I hear this a lot. My friend likes his tracker, and I like mine. His is 1654 grizzly sportsman and mine is a 1648 grizzly. Both were made over 10 years ago, so maybe their not as good as they were back then. But when/ if I do upgrade to a new larger boat I'm thinking allweld, SeaArk, or custom rig.
No. Not all about the build but who builds them. I've been bowfishing for nearly 25 years now. I was here when Muzzy started the Muzzy Classic years ago and seen it grow, along with several small companies. Then all of a sudden a bait shop out of Missouri came along and basically under priced their stuff starving the little man putting them out of business. Im not saying who it is, I hope you can figure that out. But since they stuck their foot in the bowfishing world it had gotten worse. The own the monopoly on everything right now, they bought out the best bowfishing bow company on the market and put on these huge exhibits to showcase "what they have done" not giving credit where credit is deserved. I'd fish groin the bank before I bought a boat from them. That's the honest truth. Dig into the bowfishing history and you'll find what I'll saying is true. Now enjoy the sport and support the little man, they'll be more out to support you

·
Registered
140 Posts
The size and success of a business shouldn't impact your decision on whether or not to buy from them. Large corporations are often the lifeblood of industries, keeping markets competitive, funding or buying (rewarding) ingenuity, providing jobs for thousands of people, making philanthropic contributions to communities and sports, and are often a booming symbol of success for the American free market and economy. Business isn't charity, so if someone does something cheaper, better, and more successfully, villainizing them for the failure of others is silly. And if the big business isn't doing it cheaper, better, and more successfully, the market will fix that on its own.

Buy based on what's best for you, not others. Who care's if it's "Mom and Pop" or "Corp X", find the sweet spot between price/quality and go from there. good luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 2018 grizzley tracker 2072 with a 150hp mercury . It is the bowfishing version from BPS. honestly I love the boat. My gripe is with the Japanese junk generator they give you with it. I have since upgraded to powermax converters and generator now it is dang near perfect. It drafts shallow runs at 44mph. We are in the process of building a pusherfan for it after that I think it will be perfect. We fish SW Florida and we need to get back over the lillie pads. We use the boat for bowfishing and aligator hunting. It is perfect for both. My opinion it's a great boat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a 2018 grizzley tracker 2072 with a 150hp mercury . It is the bowfishing version from BPS. honestly I love the boat. My gripe is with the Japanese junk generator they give you with it. I have since upgraded to powermax converters and generator now it is dang near perfect. It drafts shallow runs at 44mph. We are in the process of building a pusherfan for it after that I think it will be perfect. We fish SW Florida and we need to get back over the lillie pads. We use the boat for bowfishing and aligator hunting. It is perfect for both. My opinion it's a great boat.
Glad to hear this, the only thing I have found I did not like was the generator (Never heard of the brand) and wish it had a bit more storage, but thats me getting really picky. However before I dropped 40K wanted to see if they were worth it. I don't want or have time into building my own, and these new kickers are set up nice for what I am wanting. I stopped today at Tracker dealer today in Hammond, LA. They did not have one on hand but he did tell me all wiring is not with outlets and plugs, said they had lots of problems with the connections on the first models they came out with.

The only one I have really looked at was in Shreveport at Bass P. on a weekend trip. Will try to locate one that's not 5 hours from me.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts