BowFishing Country banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Like I stated before. I don't like supporting big corporations. And as far as them supporting bowfishing, that's bull crap. They are in it for the $. Many years ago I did a tournament to help a palmer home for kids. I asked them for help (donation or a prize) and nothing! Couple years later I did one for our local high school athletic program because our school was destroyed by a tornado, again nothing! Then I did another a couple years after that for the same palmer home, and again NOTHING! Every small company I asked supported, but the richest of all didn't. So I say screw them. What goes around, comes around
I couldn't agree more. Companies claim they are there to promote and support but all they care about are numbers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Just FYI Gatortrax is not a custom boat builder, sure they can prob build what you want for alot more cost but they are mainly a production hull. Also Gatortrax builds mainly mud boats with shallow sides. You can find a good used Sea ark for around 15K slap some lights on it and a trolling motor and you have the same setup as a Tracker. I dont care what anyone says, I know plenty of people personally that have owned the tracker and its falling apart. The guy that just bought my last custom boat said he had a tracker before and it was so cheaply made and was really hard to sell. He took one look at my boat and could see the difference in a custom built boat and a production boat.
The one he quoted was identical to Tracker with 24" sides. Yes I knew they crank out boats but most of them are built to order from the people I know who bought one.
So same layout boat, motor, kicker but with 3/16" hull. More than likely I will go with Gator Trax. But having to justify 10K with myself for the better built boat.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The one he quoted was identical to Tracker with 24" sides. Yes I knew they crank out boats but most of them are built to order from the people I know who bought one.
So same layout boat, motor, kicker but with 3/16" hull. More than likely I will go with Gator Trax. But having to justify 10K with myself for the better built boat.
24" sides are pretty short for a bowfishing boat IMO

41 - 43 of 43 Posts