BowFishing Country banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I was overloaded in a little 1436 and got a little squirrely with my shooting and took on to much and she went down.I don't remember if I lost any.It never actually went to the bottom.I bailed out before it did and drug it to the bank.Now, the spark plug did shock the crap out of me when I tried to shut it off.That's where the kill was and it was dark because my lights went out.Before I got it killed it said blubber,blubber,blubber and died.:laugh:

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
I don't know what you guys are frettin about. A little tingle from time to time will keep your fishing partners wide awake. I tried a capacitor hooked to a bigfoot switch and that connected to the light rail for a while. Worked good until I was layin on the rail trying to get an arrow out of a log in the water and Little Killer stomped the switch---

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I don't know what you guys are frettin about. A little tingle from time to time will keep your fishing partners wide awake. I tried a capacitor hooked to a bigfoot switch and that connected to the light rail for a while. Worked good until I was layin on the rail trying to get an arrow out of a log in the water and Little Killer stomped the switch---
Lol.Have you put a meter on one of those capacitors to see how much juice the got?

·
Administrator
14,260 Posts
Yup. A regular breaker like on most all generators doesn't require a ground. Only GFCI. The only thing that will trip a regular breaker is a dead short or overload. All jokes aside, you could be severely shocked or injured without the breaker tripping. GFCI with a grounded system, you would be safe and worry free. I am confident in my wiring and my light setup, so I don't run a GFCI. Its not a bad idea though. But not absolutly necessary.
The ground is the return that make the breaker work!!!

It why I like 240 over 120 volts, 120 will hold you 240 will push you off!
And you do not want 277 to hit you!!!

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Electricity scares the hell out of me.I tried being a monkey boy for some electricians for a little bit and seen right quick a didn't have the sack for it.My brother and some guys had to knock the hell out of a guy with long boards to get him off of a wire at their work.He aint got much for limbs now and they said the whole place stunk to high heavens for a while.I worked with a guy that had the same thing happen to him.One arm is half as big around as the other because it blew half of it off.3 phase nailed him.I wasn't there that day.Good thing too.

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts
Electricity scares the hell out of me.I tried being a monkey boy for some electricians for a little bit and seen right quick a didn't have the sack for it.My brother and some guys had to knock the hell out of a guy with long boards to get him off of a wire at their work.He aint got much for limbs now and they said the whole place stunk to high heavens for a while.I worked with a guy that had the same thing happen to him.One arm is half as big around as the other because it blew half of it off.3 phase nailed him.I wasn't there that day.Good thing too.
I ruined 12 truck tires in about 3 seconds one day and didn't get a tingle.

·
Administrator
14,260 Posts
I know two men that have lost arm on electricity!!
It is not to be play with, and want everyone to go with what the United State Coast Guard recommends is what I go with!!!

·
Electrocutioner
6,622 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I put my chin right down onto a terminal board inside of a drier my dad was working on as a kid. It thinned my saliva to water, kicked me back, scared the dog-pee outta me, and all I saw for a bit was tunnel visioned black & white. That was 240V, it just felt like lightning!
A simple ingintion system on a 5HP Briggs will zap you unforgettably (yup, been there too).

I guess I have a legitimate fear of being shocked, but am not afraid of being in my boat on the water with all of these lights on at all.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Perhaps you should look up the electrical codes for wiring around a swimming pool. As far as grounding. There is supposed to the a ground on everthing, but they should be made up inside of a dry box.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts