BowFishing Country banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot my buddies oneida and fell in love with the fact that it only takes 20lbs to pull the arrow back but shoots at 40lb. It was so easy to quick shoot fish on the run. I went and purchased a Onedia Osprey but it does not feel the same. Feels like I'm pulling back 40lb and shooting 40lb, I can't seem to be consistent with it also.
Do i need to modify this bow? Ive heard people say shave limbs, retune the timing, or get a new string. Any suggestions help

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Yep lower the poundage. Can change the draw modules to figured out which ones feel best to you as well

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
like said above, id talk to your buddy and see what poundage his is set at and what draw modules are in it... And like Dylangibbs14 said loosen the timing screw when making adjustments

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
totally the mods... most guys like the low let off mods... I tried and tried to like them but have went back to the mods that give me 80% let off... the lower let off are great for Ospreys turned down to 30 lbs because with the 80% let off your arrow limps its way out there, but I shoot mine maxed out so higher let off lets me shoot 10+ hours in a trip and not feel tired...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts