BowFishing Country banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been up to Bennezette area checking out the ek herd rut up there in PA, went RT 322 from Harrisburg to State College Area, Run up along the river which was what looked like was really high and what’s up with what looked like mini whit Statue of Liberty on that raised little island out in river north of Harrisburg???? Went past Penn state Saturday night when fireworks went off for Penn state /Ohio game, had highest point on Rt 80 east of Mississippi River, did see some elk and a decent 5x5, were bugling pretty good around Winslow Hill visitors center, pretty cool and a lot of driving to get to middle of nowhere to do nothing but look at animals but wife wanted to get away for weekend....lol

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
That's pretty cool Garp, I have never been out there looking at elk but maybe some day me and wife will take a trip out. I really dont know what the deal with that statue is. All I know is that has been there a long time.

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yup went past Bald Eagle state park and dam to the lake also, wish would have picked up a squeeze type elk cow call woulda been cool to try and call a few of the elk we heard bugling but never saw....

We didn’t stay till dark at the observation areas, but was basically winding two lane back roads with hundreds of cars bumper to bumper, they allow ATV on the road up there also and had 4 wheelers, side by sides, gators and mules, people were parked along the shoulder of road sitting in lawn chairs watching power line cuts up side of the mountain, parked on shoulders watching any farm fields visible from road, but is basic winding mountain back road that goes in a big 20+mile loop and observation overlooks were full with hundreds of vehicles, kinda like Yellowstone or Yosemite but we were on a weekend also, supposed to be better on midweek, but all those people had to get out and leave when got dark....we left about 5:30 pm and visitor center was already full to max capacity and had gate closed to get in.

Remote enough had zero cell service also while up there, very few stores or gas stations, no fast food spots, a few hotdog carts along road was all that saw

Definitely cool and would consider going back up again....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts